Chapter 19: Good Change

I told my friends about everything, they were shocked that the kidnapping happened, excited I was having a baby and happy that I meet the man I loved through it all.

Anna: "When I imagined you having a baby this was not the circumstance I imagined but I am happy for you. I am always here when you need me, if you want me to teach the baby every word in the dictionary I can do that too."

Christie: "I want to teach the baby how to dress and impress."

Jessica: "I am going to teach it how to make a ton of money and dress, also how to not being a walking dictionary because that can be such a turn off."

We all laugh because we know she's only joking, well maybe not but we still laughed because I know that they all have something to bring to the table individually as my baby's Aunts.

They met Colin first of course and then after I told them everything and then they gave their opinions and support which I was so happy and grateful for, then we all parted ways I hugged them all goodbye and told them I would see them soon, but soon isn't soon enough because I missed my girls. I miss hanging out with them and talking to them, hearing about their crazy or interesting lives. I missed it — they are my sisters — I love them so much.

"Are you okay sweets, you're crying."

Was I? I didn't even realize it.

"Yes I am okay, I just really missed them Colin, they are sisters to me, we've known each other for so long and for me to go this long without seeing or talking to them is unheard of. I'm sorry if I worried you."

"It's okay, I just wanted to make sure you were alright. Are you sure you are okay?"

"Yes babe, I'm sure."

I wipe my tears and smile, him and this baby is really the best thing that has ever happened to me. I couldn't be more grateful to have a man and a child both things I have secretly wanted in my subconscious, just didn't know I actually wanted it, until I got it and now I couldn't be happier.

When we left the restaurant, he took me out to eat and we just looked at each other and smiled and kissed and then we would restart the cycle over again. He had this look in his eyes I couldn't explain it I couldn't place my hand on it, all I knew is that I was happier than I'd ever been and I owe it all to him and this baby.

I spoke too soon because immediately after I said this in my head, a familiar face walks over to my table. Let's just say I wasn't prepared for this. We had just paid the check and was ready to leave.

"Hello Alice!"

"Hi, Alex — this is Colin my boyfriend, Colin this is Alex."

"Nice to meet you Alex, I've heard a lot about you."

"I hope my reputation does not precede me — I do have some good qualities despite what you may have heard."

"I try not to judge, it's none of my business what happened when you were with Alice, all that matters is what you plan to do moving forward with your child and what arrangements we can make so that Alice and I are comfortable."

He was such a gentlemen about the whole thing, I expected them to fight and throw punches but none were thrown, neither distasteful words. I am so proud of my baby.