Chapter 13: Hot like Fire

Colin —Mr. Burns — his name could be Reese for all I care I was taking him down, I don't want or need a partner on this case I was perfectly fine before he came along...now I have to work with him on my case just so he can likely take all the credit, not that he seems like the type but you never know...

I tell you one thing though he sure can fill out a shirt, his arms look amazing —

I need to focus this is the kind of distraction I don't need, I'm trying to take him down but I'm checking him out that's not going to work out too well, couldn't he have just been a tab bit ugly and have less of a body, no of course not, why would I think this would be easy, of course it wouldn't.

As I am in my office he comes in without even knocking closes the door behind him and sits in one of the chairs I have in front of my desk.

"So looks like we're going to be partners...and I don't want what happened at the elevator to get in the way of working together."

"Yeah, absolutely....I was going to say the exact same thing...I think that we should put all of our focus towards this case and do our best work...considering that you and my job now depends on this."

"I absolutely agree Alice, so what time should I come over to your place?"

"Excuse me! — ?"

"To work on the case....?"

"Why can't we go to your place?"

"Is there a reason we can't go to yours?"

"No — but —."

"Good!...so what time?"

"Eight o'clock."

"Great....so I'll see you then — partner."

"Okay — can you leave my office now."

"Sure."

"Okay, Great."

As I said that he got up and looked at me for a moment or two and then walked to open the door and leave.

I watched him walk to his office, he was a sight for sore eyes but I couldn't let on to that fact and I definitely didn't want him to know, he's far too arrogant and egotistical, no — I had to pretend as if him nor his body affected me, which wasn't true he did...and I just couldn't allow that to happen he was definitely trouble and not the kind I need or want, I'm pregnant with another mans child, a love child but a child nevertheless so I had to think clearly...no clouds of uncertainty, just a clear path of what I needed to do, of what needed to be done...should I tell Colin though?...

I mean him and I we're only partners, but that would be the right thing? — right?

I was thinking so much Logan was in front of me calling my name...

"Alice? — you okay?"

"Yes, what is it Logan?"

"Someone wants to see you, I told them you were busy but he said that it's important..."

"Who is it?....and he?"