Sick

"Momo Yaoyorozu?" Mr. Aizawa called across the room. He was met with silence due to said student not responding. It was only then that Jirou noticed that her best friend was, indeed, missing. How had she not noticed Momo's absence? Maybe it was because she had been distracted by Denki's conversation. She had been so absorbed that she failed to notice anything of the ordinary.

It wasn't like Momo to miss class. Momo had come to class through storms, injuries, and plenty of other nuisances. Once, when Momo had broken her arm, she had still came to class, despite being in obvious pain. True, breaking an arm wasn't a big deal with the other injuries their class had received, but it still had to hurt.

The student who always came to school wasn't here. Jirou smirked. Had Momo finally reached her limit? The person who refused to miss even a day of school? Her amusement came to a stop when she thought about the reasons behind Momo's absence. Could something have happened to her? She could have been kidnapped, and here Jirou was, making fun of her. Horrible scenarios bugged at her mind for the rest of the day.

Once class was over, Jirou threw a quick goodbye at Denki and ran straight for the dorms. She could have cared less about the strange looks thrown at her. As soon as she had reached the building, she rushed inside and ran straight for the elevators, heading towards Momo's dorm room.

Finally, Jirou reached said room. So, maybe running wasn't the best thing to do, Jirou thought as she breathed heavily. However, checking on her friend was her top priority now. Raising a hand to the door, Jirou knocked. Better than barging in and invading Momo's privacy, no matter how worried she was. As a minute passed, Jirou thought about knocking again. However, she was attentive as the door slowly opened.

She was immediately surprised upon looking at Momo. Her face was pale, almost white, and the bags under her eyes certainly didn't help. Momo tried for a smile when she saw Jirou, but turned away as a cough came from her throat. She covered her mouth and turned away. Hesitantly, Jirou rested a hand on her friend's back and led her back to bed. She tucked Momo into the covers, before stepping back. Her friend hadn't even insisted that she could do it by herself, which was worrying.

"J-Jirou, what are you doing here?" Momo weakly asked. "You didn't show up for class and I was worried. You could have texted me that you weren't feeling well, y'know." Jirou told her. "I-I didn't..." Momo paused to cough again. "...want you to worry." Jirou wanted to argue that she had been worried enough, but decided not to. Momo didn't need this right now. Instead, she needed care, from a friend and particularly a nurse.

"I'll be back." Jirou said. She glanced at Momo before leaving the room. Momo sighed as soon as the door shut. Now that she had one classmate worried about her, what were the chances that her other classmates would find out? She winced as her head throbbed painfully. She really shouldn't be worrying; it seemed to make her headache worse. Momo closed her eyes as she fell into a light sleep.

When she woke, Jirou was sitting next to her, looking out the window. She noticed Momo was awake and quickly put on a hand on her shoulder to keep her down. Momo only then noticed that a cool washcloth had been placed upon her forehead. There was also a plate of food and a pill bottle close to her.

"Glad you're awake. Otherwise, the soup would have been cold. Anyways, Recovery Girl said that these pills should help." Jirou picked up the pills and handed two to Momo. Momo swallowed the pills and then accepted the glass of water, drinking slowly. Nodding in approval, Jirou turned to pick up the bowl of soup. Momo expected Jirou to give it to her, only to be greatly surprised when Jirou held out the spoon to her.

"There's no need for you to waste anymore energy. I'll feed you." Jirou said. Momo was about to argue, but then she saw Jirou's eyes. Her eyes were filled with concern, all for Momo. Momo gulped at this realization and decided to cooperate with Jirou's wishes. Jirou's eyes crinkled with happiness, and her smile only grew as she fed Momo.

Momo was soon settled back down again, the food combined with the pills making her sleepy. Jirou watched her silently, keeping her ears open to coughs and sniffles. She hoped Momo was feeling better. And hey, maybe Momo would be back tomorrow. Jirou doubted this, but with Momo, everything was a surprise. She rested a hand on Momo's back and chuckled quietly.

"Well, I guess I'd better go." Jirou sighed, hands shoved into her pocket. It was getting late, and Jirou realized she had spent a good chunk with Momo. As Jirou turned to leave, Momo rushed to grab her hand, squeezing it tightly. "W-Wait. C-Could you.... please stay?" Momo asked, eyes averting Jirou's. Jirou gaped, before nodding, turning back around.

Momo scooted over and made space for her Jirou, who quickly climbed into the spot. They sat in silence for a few minutes, before Momo spoke. "Did I miss anything?" Jirou thought for a moment. "Not really. Mr. Aizawa just lectured us, as usual. We did some other work in our other classes, but it should be easy for a smart student like you." 

Momo blushed, causing Jirou to chuckle. "You're quite smart yourself, Jirou. You've gotten grades almost as good as mine!" Jirou looked at her in shock. Unbelievable. "Nobody can beat you Momo. You're, like, the smartest student in the class! I've even heard Tenya admit that your intelligent, and he's almost as smart as you!" Jirou exclaimed.

Momo turned away, embarrassed, and Jirou leaned over to hug her friend. Momo relaxed, allowing the shorter girl's contact. However, she pulled out of Jirou's arms as a harsh cough overtook her. Jirou rubbed her friend's back as Momo coughed, silently grabbing a water bottle. "I-I'm fine." Momo said after she calmed down. "What am I going to do with you?" Jirou sighed, leaning back against the pillows.

"Everyone was probably wondering where I was today, correct?" Momo asked. Jirou nodded. "I think even Mr. Aizawa was surprised, because I swear his eyes popped out." Momo laughed at this, clutching her stomach at the thought. Jirou happily listened. That was the first true laugh Jirou had heard all day from her. It was absolute music to her ears.

"Everyone's going to be wondering where you are Jirou." Momo said, looking at the clock. It currently read 5:00, which meant their classmates would be heading to the kitchen for dinner. "I could care less. You're sick and before you say anything, I would hang out with you even if you were infected with a deadly disease. Don't go getting any ideas, however." Jirou narrowed her eyes at Momo, as though she was already planning on it. "Okay, okay." Momo giggled.

For the rest of the day, Jirou kept Momo company. They had various discussions on their quirks improvements and upcoming exams. They were even able to watch a movie or two. Of course, as soon as Momo fell asleep, Jirou couldn't resist the urge to curl up next to her. Both girls had forgotten one thing; they left the door unlocked.

And because they had nosy classmates, their classmates decided to have a peek. Needless to say, there would be plenty of pictures to show the girls the next day.

Hope you enjoyed! As always, I'm always looking for suggestions! Have a good day!