Jealousy

Jirou had to admit, when she and Momo first started dating, she couldn't always get a good grip on her emotions. There were several times people tried flirting with her girlfriend. Even though she knew Momo was loyal, Jirou couldn't help the glares she sent their way. Her icy stare was always enough to drive them away from Momo.

It had never come to though that Momo could be a bit more possessive of her.

That day, she and Denki were holed up in her room, strumming some chords on her guitars. A beautiful sound filled her room, and Jirou closed her eyes and exhaled. She could always count on music to help her relax and fill her mind with pleasant thoughts.

"So anyways," She spoke, picking up their conversation, "How's training been going?" Denki hummed, before looking up with a big smile. "I think I've really been improving! With a little more practice and stuff, I think I may be able to try going past my limit!" He looked at Jirou expectantly, waiting her reply.

"Nah, you'll always be a huge idiot." Jirou snickered. Denki glared at her. "What, you have a problem with that?" He huffed in annoyance.

"Nope. You're my huge idiot of a friend." Denki's face lit up, and Jirou snorted at the silly expression he wore. Soon, the pair was reduced to a state of giggles, laughing at how silly they were. Jirou barely noticed the door swing open, creaking loudly.

Momo entered the room, holding two cups of tea and smiling warmly. When she noticed Denki, however, her smile became slightly strained. "Hello you two. What are you two laughing about?" Momo said, setting the tea cups down. Jirou noticed that she set them down with a bit more force than usual.

"Hey Yaomomo! We're just practicing and talking about training!" Denki waved a hand at Momo. Momo's eyes bore into him, and he nervously looked away, sweating. Jirou frowned; the tension between the two was thick, and she wondered if they had fought about something.

"Anyways," Momo and Denki turned towards her, "You wanna come jam with us? I've got my keyboard ready and all." Momo's face seemed to soften, and she smiled brightly, as if nothing had happened. "That sounds delightful!" Jirou sighed in relief, and Denki held a thumbs up at her that seemed to say "Thanks for saving me".

/

Denki got off Jirou's bed, grunting as he popped his shoulders. "Man, that was fun. Kinda tiring though." Momo nodded in agreement, sipping another cup of tea as she got up. "It's an excellent way to prepare for the talent show, however tiring it is." 

Jirou leaned back against the headboard of her bed, smiling at the two. Momo seemed to have finally calmed down, and was now chatting casually with Denki. However, Jirou couldn't get one thought out of her head; why had Momo been so tense before? Jirou had never seen her girlfriend act so strange?

"Hey Jirou, can your best friend get a hug before he leaves?" Denki opened his arms up, waiting for Jirou. She smirked at him, getting off the bed before walking over. She let Denki wrap his arms around her, pulling her into a brief hug. She returned it, wrapping her arms around him.

When they pulled apart, Momo's face was contorted, another fake smile upon her face. Jirou frowned again and began to turn towards Momo, but Denki interrupted her.

"See ya tomorrow!" He hurried out of the room, racing down the hall. Jirou frowned again, before turning back towards Momo. "What's up with you and Denki?" She asked. Momo froze, setting down her tea cup slowly.

"I assure you nothing is wrong." Momo said. Jirou's frown deepened when Momo's hand clenched into a fist. "It doesn't look that way to me. I noticed everything, Momo. How you've been smiling and how Denki is always so nervous around you. Just tell me what's going on."

Momo turned around, her eyes looking everywhere but Jirou. She wore a sad expression, biting her lip nervously. Jirou raised an eyebrow, tapping her foot lightly. "I'm waiting."

"It's just you and Denki seem so close right now. And..." Momo paused, swallowing hard. "I'm just envious of how close you two are. I know we're dating, but I feel like I'm not as close with you as you are with Denki."

Jirou's foot stopped. She looked at Momo with an understanding expression, realizing what Momo was saying. "She's jealous." That simple thought came to her mind. Momo continued to look at the floor, wondering what Jirou's response would be.

"You're jealous of me and Denki." Jirou's voice softly said. Momo flinched, before nodding slowly. Silence filled the room for a few minutes, before someone coughed.

Momo looked up, only to see Jirou covering her mouth with a hand. Coughs and snorts and giggles were muffled, before Jirou burst into laughter. Momo looked at her in shock, hands limply dropping to her sides.

"Aw Yaomomo. You know I only have eyes for you." Jirou cooed, pulling Momo into a hug. Momo blushed furiously, hiding her face in Jirou's shirt. Jirou laughed, patting Momo's head soothingly. 

"I apologize for my inexcusable behavior." Momo said. "It's fine. Probably should apologize to Denki and not me." Pushing back Momo, Jirou looked into her onyx colored eyes. They seemed to sparkle brighter as she gazed back at Jirou. "Your eyes are beautiful, you know." Jirou smiled as Momo blushed, muttering a "Be quiet" as she looked away.

"Besides, Denki's my best friend. He's a nice guy and all, but not exactly what I was looking for." Jirou waved her hands to reassure Momo, who nodded in response. "Well then..." Momo moved until she was right in front of Jirou. Her eyes sparkled with something intense, and Jirou gulped, looking at the taller girl.

"Now that you've explained everything, I guess that means you're mine." Momo bent down, pressing her lips to Jirou's. Jirou grinned against her lips, looking at Momo with her eyes half-lidded.

"You've got that right."

I love Denki, but I had to do this. Hope you enjoyed!