Halloween Preparations

Jirou whistled in appreciation as she strolled into the auditorium, impressed by how it had transformed in a couple of hours. Across the front of the stage, Halloween streamers and a large sign that read "Halloween Party!" were hung. Balloons that had been recently blown up drifted towards the ceiling to join their friends. Several tables had been set up around the side, accompanied by chairs and more decorations. When the Halloween party drew near, there would be food and drinks available. And of course, we can't forget candy.

"What do ya think?" Jirou swiveled around and almost ran into Ashido, who stood there excitedly. A large smile appeared on her face when Jirou gave her a thumbs up, and Ashido wrapped her friend up in a hug. "Yes! I'm so glad that everyone is really excited for the party!" Ashido raced off towards Bakugo, who was currently getting dragged around by Kaminari. Jirou chuckled, leaning back against the wall and watching the others.

During the first week of October, Principal Nezu had announced that he was planning something "extremely special and fun for all of UA". Honestly, Jirou hadn't been sure what to make of his message. She had assumed it would be another assembly about staying healthy and keeping their hair in great shape. To say she was shocked when he had announced a Halloween party would be a bit of an underestimate. Jirou was pretty sure the whole school erupted into an explosion of happiness when their principal had made the announcement.

Her thoughts were soon interrupted by someone waving their hand in front of her. Blinking twice, Jirou shook her head and lifted a hand to rub her face, which she was sure was slightly red in embarrassment. "Sorry about that." Jirou lifted her head and met Momo's eyes, who looked down at her curiously.

"It's perfectly fine. I was just wondering how you like the decorations." Momo said. Jirou looked back behind Momo, pretending to ponder as she hummed in thought. Momo continued to patiently wait, hoping that Jirou liked the decorations she had helped make. Though the entire school had pitched in and bought supplies, Momo herself had created some of the decorations. Helping out her school in their preparations was another part of being a good student. And a future hero, Momo thought.

Learning of Jirou's opinion would benefit any future celebrations and this current one. And, I guess, I might learn what she thinks of me. Momo furiously blushed, coughing as she tried to rid of her thoughts. No, this is not the time!

"I'll be honest." Momo perked up, focusing back on Jirou's narrowed face. Oh no! She doesn't like it! What am I going to-- 

"I love them." Momo stared blankly, not fully comprehending her answer. Jirou looked up at her with a deadpan expression, and Momo wasn't sure if Jirou truly meant her answer. Then Jirou smiled, and Momo relaxed slightly, relieved that Jirou was telling the truth. It wasn't obvious, but Jirou's smiles sometimes said more than words.

"T-That's great!" Momo blushed once again, berating herself for stammering. If Jirou noticed, she didn't mention it or just didn't care. Jirou nodded, before stepping out of Momo's view and beginning to walk away. Momo began to panic, realizing that she still hadn't asked Jirou her question yet. Ashido's words rang in her head.

"Ask her to the party tomorrow! I can guarantee you she'll accept"

"W-Wait!" Jirou turned around to see Momo hurrying after her. Jirou stopped, and Momo sighed in relief, stopping in front of Jirou. "What's wrong Yaomomo?" Momo's face appeared to be panicky, and Jirou frowned, concerned for her friend. Momo gulped, before blurting out her words.

"Do you wanna come with me to the party tomorrow?" Momo asked, not taking a breath until she finished. She sighed, shoulders drooping and head falling forward. Jirou was startled by how hard it had seemed for Momo to get the words out. She must have had that bottled up for a while, Jirou thought. It would be hard to not accept this invitation from Momo, and besides, she would be lying if Jirou had said she didn't want to go.

"Sure, why not? I'd be happy to attend with you." Momo looked up quickly, a smile slowly growing on her face. Jirou averted her eyes, mumbling something under her breath as she tried to keep from blushing. Before she could say anything, Momo had her arms around Jirou, hugging with just the right amount of pressure. "I'm glad! I promise that you'll have the best time tomorrow!" Momo whispered, causing Jirou to shiver. Jirou awkwardly reached a hand and rested it upon Momo's back, patting softly.

After they had broke away from their hug, Momo ran off to help others with the party planning. She had waved to Jirou as she left, the said person also waving back. When Momo was out of her sight, Jirou sighed, placing a hand upon her chest as she tried to calm herself. Her heart felt ready to explode, to express its joy and excitement. Keep calm, keep calm, Jirou whispered, a faint goofy smile working its way onto her face.

"That was adorable." Jirou jumped, startled by the unexpected voice behind her. She turned around to see Ashido, Kirishima, and Kaminari, who was being held by Bakugo, standing there. Jirou stumbled backwards, taken aback by the compliment/whatever Ashido had said.

Jirou tried to get her words out, but found herself unable to speak. She was at a loss for words, all caused by the simple presence (and hug) from none other than Momo Yaoyorozu. 

"I think it's great that you two are going together!" Kirishima exclaimed, giving Jirou a thumbs up. She shakily returned it, embarrassed by her friends. Why were they always involved in anything she did with Momo?

"C'mon losers, leave her alone." Bakugo growled. Kirishima sighed and Ashido pouted, but they complied, following him. As Bakugo passed her, he gave Jirou a stern look, though it was softer than his normal expressions. "Hope you have a good time." Bakugo turned away just as quickly, walking away before Jirou could thank him. 

Sighing, she tangled a fist into her hair, looking at the ground in wonder. She was going to the Halloween party, with Momo, as a friend? Date? Whatever it was, all Jirou knew was that it was going to be a long, interesting night.

A few days before Halloween! I'm going to warn you guys, I might not get the next part of this done before Halloween or on the night. So I guess it won't be much of a Halloween chapter, sadly. I'll start working on it right away, however!

Anyways, thanks for reading! Hope you enjoyed! :D