Wishes

"Here you are Jirou."

"Thanks, Yaomomo."

Yaoyorozu beamed at her, before walking back to the kitchen, humming softly. Jirou sighed as she watched her leave, holding the mug of hot chocolate she had received. Yaomomo really was the sweetest, huh?

Her eyes flitted around the room, taking in the colorful lights and festive decorations. Just like with every holiday, Class 1-A always made sure there was plenty of holiday cheer when they decorated. She wasn't a huge fan of the bright lights, but she definitely enjoyed the decorating and music. Speaking of which, she supposed some holiday music right about now would be good.

Jirou set the mug down before picking her instrument up. As she began to play a festive tune, the rest of her class joined in on the fun. They were singing, laughing, throwing fake snowballs, and overall having a good time. Jirou felt her heart swell as she watched them all. Being apart of Class 1-A was like a having another family, and she felt so lucky.

The couch cushion beside her dipped, and Jirou turned to see Yaoyorozu, settling down with her own mug. Her friend brought the mug to her lips, taking a tentative sip, before pulling back harshly.

"A little too hot, isn't it?" Jirou teased. Yaoyorozu huffed, although she was smiling. "I suppose so."

They settled back into the couch, enjoying the music and the chaos their class was creating. Kaminari was trying to light up the tree, Sato was baking, and Iida was trying to control the mess. It was nice, and both of them wouldn't change a thing.

"Did you wish for anything this year?" Yaoyorozu asked. "I didn't wish for too much. There are some things I wanted, but with everything happening lately, I didn't think too much about it." Jirou shrugged. With the recent villain activity and training, there hadn't been much time to relax.

"The same goes for me. I've been so busy training my Quirk and its limits, I completely forgot about the holidays." Momo sighed. She scooted closer to Jirou, causing their shoulders and hands to brush against each other. Jirou averted her eyes, fingers fiddling with each other

"I did wish for one thing though." Yaoyorozu turned towards Jirou, eyes twinkling. Jirou met her eyes, taking in how close her friend's face was. "A-And, what would that be?" Jirou stuttered.

Yaoyorozu leaned in closer, and Jirou's heart stopped. It was happening, her dreams were coming true, and yet here she was, panicking and not doing anything, what should she-

"It's a secret." Yaoyorozu whispered, breath ghosting over her ear. It took Jirou a moment to react, before she realized what happened.

"Why you-" Jirou growled, lunging at her friend. Yaoyorozu giggled, hopping off the couch and making a run for it. Jirou quickly followed, shouting after her classmate. The rest of the class watched them go, some shaking their hands, while others chuckled.

Eventually, Jirou did manage to catch Yaoyorozu. And perhaps, after everything that happened, both of their wishes came true that evening.

A little story to try and get back into writing. Thank you all for the comments and votes! I appreciate them very much! :D