11.

It's 2:00 now, and Charlie is picking me up at 3:00.

After I got out of the shower I slipped on my new pair of jeans since this was like a "casual lunch with a friend" type of thing. Along with some natural makeup and nothing to special.

I chilled out for a little on the until I heard a ding from my phone:

Charlie: On my way to pick you up :)

I decided not to reply so I laid my phone down next to me as I turned in the car tv and just watched whatever came on.

It wasn't long until I finally heard a knock at my door. I turned off the tv and I made sure my appearance was okay before I went and opened the door.

"Hey." Charlie smiled. He had a plain t-shirt with jeans which really helped calm things out.

"Hi." I murmured.

"Ready?" He asked, holding his arm out. I slipped my arm in his and closed the door with my other hand, "Ready." I replied.

Soon enough, we were both in a coffee shop, that was not to far from my apartment. I ordered a salad and he ordered a sandwich. Once the waiter had left we both left in awkward silence.

"So..." Charlie spoke. I even jumped a little in my seat, not expecting for him to talk first, but I don't think it was noticeable.

"So, um, I wanted to talk."

"Yeah, you did, about us?"

"Yeah."

Thank god before the very tense conversation hadn't started yet as a waiter came by and handed Both of us our plates of food. When the waiter left that was supposedly named jorden, Charlie immediately began to eat.

I smiled, as I began to remember all of the dates me a Charlie had went to. All the times we would go to eat fast food late at night just because I was craving, tacos, or pizza.

But besides that, the whole reason that I'm actually here is because I want Charlie and I to go on a break. I can't just go back and start dating him again. And plus, yesterday Harry was about to ask me out, and I didn't even give him a chance. So the whole point that I'm here is to pause things with Charlie so I can supposedly start things with Harry. Because that's what I think I want. I think.

I take a sip of my drink and I opened the packaged salad that was sat right in front of me. I couldn't help but lift my head up when I heard a very familiar husky voice.

"Yes, table for two."

Omg it's Harry.

And he's with someone.

Fuck.

All I could do is stare. Just stare at Harry.  Waiting for him to step forward just an inch more so I could see who the hell he was with.

"Rosy, you okay?" Charlie asked, catching my attention.

"Yeah," I coughed, "I'm just going to the restroom for a sec." I say, quickly leaving the table.

I rush to the bathroom, trying my best not to look at Harry. I open the bathroom door and let out a sigh, hoping that I'm the only one in there.

What if Harry thinks I'm back with Charlie? He probably already thinks that because I was making out with him just the other night. Who is he with? Are they dating?

All theses thoughts process through my brain until the bathroom door opens. I look away from the mirror to find someone that I've known. Harry's ex.

"Rebecca?" I ask, praying she isn't with Harry.

"Rose?"

"That's me." We both laugh as we give each other hugs. Both of us definitely not expecting to see each other.

"Are you with Charlie?" She asked me.

"Yeah, we're both just, you know, tying some loose ends, who are you with?" That's a casual way to ask, I hope.

"Oh, I'm just with Harry, we are trying things out again."

"Oh." Is all I can say. Damnit. I was right about to ask Harry if we could go out and talk after a sorted stuff out with Charlie. But now, I can't, because Rebecca's back. This day couldn't get any worse.

"Yeah, we haven't seen each other in a long time, it's nice to see a familiar face again, you know?" Of course I know.

"Yeah, see you around." I say, not waiting for her to reply as I barge out of the door.

I walk back making a second of eye contact with Harry. I can't help but feel a hint of sadness within me. I was so ready to start things with Harry.

I sit back down at the table with Charlie. I really want to get this over with.

"Ok, so let me skip to the shit. I think we need to have things on pause. I can't just let you back in my life like nothing g happened. So we need to keep our distance for a while. Yeah, yeah, thanks for lunch!" I said quickly storming out of the coffee shop. Regret starts creeping over my skin minutes later.

I sigh thinking about it, maybe I shouldn't have been that harsh. I should have told him over dinner. Why the coffee shop?

As I began to regret things even more, I hear my name being called out.

"Rose?" Harry said.

"Harry? I though you had a date." Damnit, it just slipped out.

Harry quickened his pace so he was right next to me as we walked.

"I did, but she had to go on short notice."

"Oh, well I hope things go well between you two." I say, walking fast so I could get away from Harry before things turn for the worse.

"Wait!"

I turn my head, "Yes Harry."

"Are you ok?" Did he really have to ask that question.

"I'm fine." I lie. Walking away and not looking back.