14.

Harry's POV.

"Um I feel like I have some... explaining to do." I say, taking a sip of the champagne that was sat on the table in both of our glasses.

Rose tilted her head, "Um, about what?" She asked. "About, us." I whisper, I know she can tell how nervous I am. "Ok." She breathed.

"Um, are you done eating?" I ask and I regret it right as it left my mouth. "Well, i don't want to rush you or anything of course, I was just asking because,"

"Yes, Harry, I'm finished. Don't be so nervous, it's just me." Rose says, putting her hand on top of mine. I'm surprised I didn't explode in this moment.

"Um, ok, well, I want to take you somewhere... to talk." I explain. "Ok." She whispers.

We both get up from our seats and we both walk side by side. I chose this restaurant because I've already taken some people here and it's, different, but I know what I'm doing. We walk through the open gate that was laced with flowers and vines. As we walk through it looked like we entered a different world. There's a path that was followed with bushes on each side. The bushes had different varieties of flowers on them too. Lanterns are lit and are hung up everywhere so we could see where we are going.

We halt as one of the lanterns flicker and Roses hands wrap around my arm in an instant. "It's ok, it's just lanterns." I say, "yeah, I know." Rose blurts, taking her hands away from my arm, making me feel empty again. I slowly creep my hand down to hers, wanting to take the emptiness away. Her hand flinches really quickly, but she wraps her smaller hands in mine, as i intertwine them together.

The way we held our hands the night we played truth or day was nothing similar to this one. This one is meaningful.

As we reach the end of the path there is a small ledge with a bench in it. The bench was facing away from us where you could see the would night sky in a flash. The building lit up the night and the few sounds of cars honking gave it a little life.

We both lift our locked hands up in the air as we both walk on the opposite sides of the bench and we meet side by side when we sit down. We sit in silence as we stare off into the stratosphere.

"Harry, this is, amazing." The stunning girl next to me tells me, and I nod. Why didn't I do this earlier? I ask myself, bringing me back to the unfinished conversation we had before we came to this place.

"So, I want wanted to talk to you about us." I tell her.

"Ok, shoot." She says.

"I'm sorry." I blurt. A confused but understandable look comes on her face.

"I'm sorry for never doing anything. From the day I met you I've seen something in you that I've never seen in anyone else before. And I've always wanted to be something more then friends with you. But I've wanted to ask you out so many times, you don't even understand. Things always just seem to get in my way. At the bar, I only had one intention, and I thought it was going to be the day that I was going to ask you. But then Charlie came and,"

"Charlie is done. And all of those moments and thoughts are in the past. Going on a date is just one step, you know. And if we keep doing these small things then, maybe we could turn into something more?" She says softly and I agree.

"Harry, we've been friends for a long time now, and this... transition, may be difficult for us. So we have to be careful." She says slowly, looking me right in the eye. I know what she means. There is her life, that concerns of her job which is a big thing between us. And then there's my life with concerns of paparazzi and magazines and shit like that, and those stuff could give us problems.

"I know." I respond.

"But, this could work." She adds, resting her hand on my leg, making my heart jump.

"I hope it does." I whisper, leaning towards her a little to much then I intended to.

We get close.

Really close.

I can see the the very faint freckles on her skin and the different colors in her irises. Our noses brush together and she licks her lips, "me too." She agrees in a whisper.

And that's when it happens, our lips clash for the first time. And my heart ignites like never before.

A/n:

Sorry about the short chapters.

I'm not that good in writing long ones :/

Xx :)

A-