My World - A Jeremy Renner Song (Part 2: The Make Up)

(Y/N) had been staying with Peter and May for a week, mostly sulking in front of the TV in her sweats and drowning her sorrows in tubs of ice cream.

"(Y/N), you need to stop avoiding him and give him a call," Peter sighed. He had been there for her, lending a supportive ear, but he knew it was time for her to confront her boyfriend instead of running away.

"I don't want to see or talk to him, Peter," (Y/N) lied, though deep down, she longed to be back in Clint's arms. She missed his warm embraces, his sweet kisses, and watching him train before missions. But she couldn't go back to him unless he trusted her.

"Um... (Y/N)..." Peter stuttered. "You're going to see him soon."

"What did you do, Peter?" (Y/N) gritted her teeth, giving him a glare that could make Thanos shudder.

"I, uh... kinda... called Barton here," Peter nervously chuckled, rubbing the back of his neck.

(Y/N) flung the half-empty ice cream tub at Peter, but he dodged it, and it hit the floor instead. Just then, the doorbell rang, confirming that Clint had indeed arrived.

And there he was. Clint's eyes were bloodshot red, and (Y/N) knew he had been crying too. But when he saw her looking like a mess, his heart broke even more, realizing that he was the cause of her pain. He hated seeing her sad.

Clint sat down on the couch near (Y/N), and Peter discreetly left them alone. There was silence for a few minutes before Clint spoke, "I'm sorry. I know you're furious with me, so you don't have to say anything. Just listen, okay? I should have trusted you, but I've been consumed by jealousy these past few weeks. I've been jealous of Peter because you two are so close. I know you share everything with him, more than you do with me, and it hurts that he's the one you turn to in times of need. And the fact that he's closer to your age, young, and good-looking doesn't help. I feared you would leave me for him sooner or later, even last week when you left. But when Peter called and explained that there was nothing between you two..."

He paused, taking her hand and waiting to see if (Y/N) had anything to say before continuing, "After talking to Peter, I reached out to Natasha, and she admitted to lying about seeing the both of you. She was only trying to create problems between us because of what happened in Budapest. Natasha is one of my closest friends, and I never thought she would lie to me. It hurt a lot. But what hurts even more is the thought of losing you. I love you (Y/N). You mean the world to me."

(Y/N) jumped onto his lap, giving him a long kiss, and said, "I love you too, Birdboy."