Just Saying - A J.R. One Shot

"Hello my dear chocolate," (Y/N) said to herself as she unwrapped another bar of Dairy Milk. (Y/N) had just been dumped by her boyfriend over the phone and like every other girl after a break up she indulged herself in chocolate and ice cream. She was with her boyfriend for almost a year she didn't really love him. She thought that it was better to be with someone who asks you rather than waiting for someone you can never have, namely her next door neighbor, Jeremy.

Just as she was about to take a bite from the bar of chocolaty goodness someone knocked on the door? She glanced at the door and saw Jeremy standing there. We're not best friends but he had a key in case of emergencies.

"Hey!" Jeremy said as he sat next to me.

 "Chocolate? Did you break up with what's-his-name?" he loved interfering in my love life.

"Maybe it's just because I like chocolate," I said. I've always had a massive crush on him but because he's mean to me I'm mean to him.

He grabbed a chocolate bar from the coffee table, unwrapped and took a bite, "your friends never liked him right? And they absolutely love me."

"What are you implying Renner?" (Y/N) asked with an inquisitive look on her face.

"I never liked him either," he said and (Y/N) shrugged as they sat in silence not knowing what to say next.

"You know," Jeremy finally said, 'I can help you get over him if you'd like?"

(Y/N) didn't know what to say so she kept quiet so Jeremy continued, "you look really good for a girl who's just gone through a break up."

"Because I love someone else, always have so I never took this relationship seriously," (Y/N) confessed and Jeremy became eager with every passing second to know who It was.

"Who?" he nudged her to speak up because the anticipation was killing him. And he needed to know the name of the guy he'd have to get through to finally win her heart

"Why does it matter to you?" (Y/N) asked sitting up.

"I just want to know," he said trailing off.

He then took a deep breath and said, "Maybe I like you ok but if there's someone else, I understand. I just want you to be happy with him."

"Don't start acting all goody-too-shoes on me now," (Y/N) said and Jeremy looked confused.

I sighed and said, "I like a guy who is always mean to me and a big fat jerk."

"What are YOU on about?" Jeremy asked.

"You're that someone else Renner, I love YOU but you've always been to blind to see it," I said.

"Me?" he asked, wide eyed with a goofy grin on his face and (Y/N) nodded.

"Oh wow, I...um...gee, I didn't know," he started mumbling so (Y/N) leaned in and kissed him.

"And now you do."