Chapter-8

Natasha's POV

Heat rushed to my skin as his free hand wrapped around my waist and pulled me close. My eyes flew open in pure shock, and I pursed my lips tightly. My cry of protest was muffled as he kissed me harder, pushing me down into the plush leather.  I whimpered in protest again, but it was drowned by his unyielding mouth. My hands flew up in self defense, and I pushed his chest hard, and he finally relented, pulling away from me.

I sat up in a daze, still in a state of utter disbelief. My tears threatened to come, but I hardened my resolve. I would not cry in front of this wretch. I finally lifted my eyes, and he moved back as he saw the loathing and disgust in them.

"Natasha, I-"

I struck him hard, across his face. Footsteps echoed in the diner as everyone ran towards us, having witnessed what happened.

"Natasha", Megan's face was white as a sheet, and her voice trembled. "What just happened?"

I couldn't hear a word. Blood was rushing in my ears as I fixed my eyes on him, refusing to believe what had just happened. 

"Natasha, I-"

"You bastard", I whispered. "How could you do that?"

Myriad emotions flitted across his face-surprise, anger, disbelief, till finally I saw something like regret.

"Hey, I'm sorry", he finally managed. "The last thing I wanted to do was to make you feel I forced myself on you. You looked so beautiful and it-it was just a kiss, Natasha."

"Just." I gave a dry laugh. "I thought wrong, you haven't changed one bit. Everything is still 'just' for you. Exactly like seven years ago when you said I was 'just' your little sister and then disappeared without a trace, leaving me to pick up the pieces of my broken heart. Isn't that right, Jason?"

His face turned white. I turned to see Kim standing beside me, looking like she was about to cry any moment. Her eyes begged me to stop, but at that moment, I couldn't care less as I turned back to him.

"You missed your chance." My own voice sounded hollow to me. "Everything could have been perfect, but you ruined it. And now, you have the audacity to waltz back into my life and kiss me like nothing ever happened, like you could pick up where you left off. That's not how it works, Jason. That's not how I work. So get out of my life, before I grab you by the balls and throw you out myself."

With that I stood up, with a heart made of stone, and a resolve made of steel. I turned to Noah and the guys, and managed a smile in their direction. "Thank you guys, for bearing with my bullshit tonight. I know you wanted this to be perfect for me, and I know I screwed up big time, but thanks for trying."

And motioning for Kim and Meg to follow, I strode out of the diner, not once looking back.

*****************

The tears finally came on the ride home, and this time I didn't try and hold them back. Kim didn't say anything, she just held me, while Megan stroked my hair softly. I leaned back and let the passing citylights illuminate my face, as I closed my eyes and let my mind wander to the past.

****7 years ago****

Only when I start to think about you, I know

Only when you start to think about me do you know

I hate everything about you

Why do I love you

The television blared as it played songs that neither of us were really listening to. My place was spotless as usual, with not a speck of dust visible, the only things out of place being the two, extremely wasted human beings, sprawled across the couch. The clock struck twelve midnight, and I shifted slightly.