Chapter-15

Natasha's POV

The crisp London air filled my lungs as we stepped out of the car. The breeze caressed my hair, dancing across the skin of my bare arms, wrapping me in its vice like the tender arms of a lover, and I shivered involuntarily, causing Sebastian to look over at me.

He wore a smooth button down shirt, tucked in at the waist, unbuttoned at the top, making for a playful touch to a classy look, paired with black pants and a black formal jacket, which brought out the striking blue hue of his eyes even further. The ensemble was clearly made for him, it was a perfect fit, and its solid colour radiated finesse.

"Are you cold?" he asked, to which I shook my head. "I'll be fine," I murmured, turning my gaze to the throngs of people making their way to the hotel entrance. "I'm not entirely fond of events like these. Not that I don't like socializing. It's just, the laughter, the polite conversations, they feel fake and entirely futile. It's not something I specialize at."

"Yes, you're one to call a spade a spade, aren't you?" he smirked. He stepped closer behind me, and I felt his arm make its way around my waist, pulling my back into his chest. "Don't worry," he murmured into my ear, as i felt his fingertips lightly trace my waist through the fabric of the dress. "There are ways more than one for me to keep that smart mouth of yours occupied."

I felt the heat rise to my cheeks, and he let me go, as I released shakily the breath I didn't realize I'd been holding. He let his hand graze to the small of my back, before giving me a smug look. "Do you plan on standing outside all night, Cara Mia?"

"Asshole," I murmured, before stalking away towards the entrance, where Kim, Meg, Noah and Amelia were waiting. Noah smiled his classic Noah smile, as he pushed himself off the wall to wrap me in a hug, while I glowered at Meg, shooting her death glares with my eyes for being the reason I was stuck in this stupid situation in the first place.

She smiled back at me innocently.

Ugh.

________________________________

People mingled, many dancing to the swinging jazz music played by the band at the other end of the room, as waiters walked around with trays of champagne.

As we walked through the crowd, I noticed quite a few familiar faces, and I nodded and smiled at them. After weaving though people sharing drinks, laughter and dances, we joined the others at a table, where I spotted Jason and Aiden, and groaned internally. Aiden smiled at me in what I guess he presumed was a flirtatious manner, coupled with a huge wink, before his gaze shifted to Sebastian, and he rose to speak to him.

"Seabass!" he exclaimed happily. " How's everything going?"

Meg almost choked on her food, and Noah snorted into his champagne. I pressed my hand against my mouth just in time to stop my giggle, and everyone at the table shook in silent laughter at the absolutely murderous look on Sebastian's face.

Jason approached me hastily, a look of surprise on his face.

"Natasha? Where have you been? I've been trying to reach you for days," he said, before taking my hand in his, and leaning in to press a kiss to my cheek. I stiffened, but tried not to let it show as I pulled my hand out of his grasp.

"I've been busy with work," I said, dropping my gaze.

"Busy enough to not return even one of atleast a million calls I made?"

"What do you want, Jason?" I snapped, slightly irritable. His eyes widened, the hurt in them evident, and I hated the fact that I felt guilty, that I felt anything for this bastard who humiliated me so, all those years ago.