Chapter- 14

Natasha's POV

Ughhhhhhhh!

I can't do this anymore. I am done! Fucking done! 

Operating on someone for 9 freaking fucking hours in enough to kill anyone. Although I am exhausted and tired. I am happy because the operation was successful. The old man made it. He is really a fighter. Even at 81 years he still has the hope to live and survive. 

Good heavens! My elder sister will be so proud once I tell her that the Open Brain surgery has been successful. Since is also a doctor, she knows how hectic everything is. 

BEEP! BEEP!!

My phone went off. I opened it to find 38 missed calls and 15 voice messages. From Kim, Meg, Jason and Sebastian.

I sighed. I am not gonna call anyone right now. I have to sleep.

I texted Meg and Kim on our group that I'll be at my cabin and i'll be sleeping so Meg shouldn't disturb me.

I switched off my phone and drifted off.

****************************************

"Shhhh! Keep quiet Kim. She'll kill us if she wakes up." A voice whispered.

"Let her. She has been sleeping for 6 hours now. Besides I just want Her boyfriend's number. You know gotta interrogate that man", Another voice spoke softly.

"Keep it down will you? Can't you whisper like me?"

"You know what Meg! Your so called whispers are louder than Kim speaking softly." I muttered yawning.

"WH-WHAT!"

"Nat you are awake! Good morning or should I say Good evening", Kim grinned at me.

"Evening? What time is it now?" I asked now wide awake.

"Its 6 pm."

"Whoa! Why didn't you wake me up? I have to do so many things. Oh god! Shit! I had to meet Dr. Jensen at 4 pm. Fuck! Fuck! Fuck!", I muttered.

"Shut up! Will ya? He called and said his wife has an emergency. And apologised for cancelling the meeting", Meg said.

"O-Oh okay. Thank god!", I replied taking my bottle.

"Oh and someone else also called. Said you are stubborn asf. Coz you didn't call him with an answer. And you switched off your phone like a bitch you are. He was really worried. So, being an awesome person I am I said yes on your behalf", Meg looked at me smirking.

The water I was drinking spluttered out.

"WHAT!?" I literally screeched.

"You did what? Sebastian? You said yes? Ughhhh!! But you said we had to attend the Charity ball with you this friday. Now you want me to go with him to another event. How can you both leave me with a monster and decide all by yourself that you are going without me an-"

Kim cut off my rant by putting her finger on my lips.

 "Shut up already Nat." She muttered annoyed. "For such an intelligent person you sure are dumber than donkeys sometimes. Don't you get it? Its the same Charity event. The one where both Meg and Sebastian invited you", She sighed.

My mouth formed into an O shape as I started nodding my head.

"Now close your mouth. Idiot!", Meg grinned. "By the way, Cara Mia huh!" She wiggled her eyebrows at me.

'What?" This time I glared at her.

"Cara Mia! I'll make sure to punish you once we meet. You shouldn't have ignored my calls and messages", Meg mimicked in a deep manly voice.