twelve

_____

Third

*two weeks later*

zach and corbyn have been drifting apart lately, and the three other boys from the band have noticed it.

corbyn tried to talk to zach once in a while but it never ended well. he would end up tearing up or beyond pissed.

zach tried to calm him down every time but he only made it worst. so they decided to stay away from each other for awhile.

a short break soon turned into huge arguments every time they saw each other, that slowly turning into them not even wanting to see each other.

jack was really worried for them and tired to talk to his boyfriends about it but they said, 'it's just a faze for them. they're zach and corbyn, they'll make up.'

the curly headed boy really wanted to believe that but he knew that zach and corbyn dated. he was afraid they may of broking up and everything went south.

so he decided to confront zach first because he was the most stubborn when the two were fighting.

"zach..."

zach intently looked up from his phone at the sound of his best friend's voice.

"yeah."

"can i– can i talk to you real quick?"

the younger nodded slowly, concerned at the way jack was acting.

"yeah, okay. what's wrong?" zach questioned jack as the curly headed boy sat next to him, biting at the end of his hoodie sleeve.

he only does that when he's nervous, zach thought.

"um... why are you and corbyn so mad at each other lately? you guys used to be so close and adorable. now it's scary when you guys just past each other."

zach tensed up and his eyes got wide for a second as he let out a deep breathe.

"why are you asking this question, jack?" zach said a bit aggressively.

"i just- i was just. um– i– i know you and corbyn are dating and i'm afraid you guys broke up."

zach jaw shut tightly, as well as his fists and eyes.

he inhaled sharply while jack was scared shit-less.

"how?"

"how what—"

"how in the hell did you know i was dating corbyn, jack?!" zach yelled, grabbing into both of jack's arms.

"ouch! zach, let go. your grip is too tight, let go!"

"tell me!" zach yelled into the now sobbing boy's face, gripping his wrists even harder, causing them to turn white.

"you're not very quiet while being teased, zach. now fucking let go, i can barely feel my wrists!"

zach leased his grip but didn't let go.

"oh..."

"yeah, oh. now let. me. the fuck. go, zachary!"

the younger intently dropped his grip harshly, causing jack to fall back on the couch.

jack quickly got up and glared at zach before punching him as hard as he could in his chest.

"fucking asshole," jack muttered.

zach rolled his eyes, rubbing his chest as he finally answered jack's question.

"we're mad at each other 'cause we can't be with each other. i broke up with him 'cause we really needed to spend more time with our best friends than just ourselves, y'know? i was trying to be selfless only to break not only him, but myself. i miss him like fucking crazy, jack, but all i can do when i see him is yell at him. all the pain and hate that i gave myself for breaking up with him just flooding back. i take it out on him. it's a shitty move, but it's the only way i can really touch him and feel those sparks again, even if it's by hitting or punching him. i sound sick and twisted, but... i guess i just am."

jack looked at zach in shocked as he wiped at his eyes. even though the tears fell, he still tried to stop them.

the curly headed buy pulled zach in for a hug so he could sob in his chest.

he rubbed the younger's back in a soothing way.

"just talk to him about it okay?"

" o–okay. i... i will."

♎️🌺♎️

a/n: may bring back zorbyn, may not. not trying to make this a typical fanfic, but i just might—.

word count: 666 ( fucking finally!)