annihilate

to cause to cease to exist : to do away with entirely so that nothing remains

"m-mom... why are you guys back so early?" his mother looked up from unpacking her luggage. her heavy sigh filled the room. "how about we discuss it over the dinner table?"

dinner? jisung was hit with the realisation that minho and him hung out the whole day, cuddling; kissing, and watching tv shows and devouring the kitchen together. but for the whole day?

it was a day well spent in his eyes.

"yeah. sure, call me down when you've fin-" jisung was cute off shortly by his mother's fixed state.

"actually, all i have to do is heat the food up. take a seat and wait until we come in. it won't be long." her harsh and non-forgiving words gave jisung a sense that this was serious business.

he pulled out his chair and sat down anxiously with his leg twitching. jisungs mind filled with all of the possibilities this could mean. did she find out about him and minho? she couldn't have... she can't.
-
he played with his food slowly, awaiting his mother's words to bear the bad news.

"your father and i have noticed you've slipped out of school for awhile, and i checked up with the priest. you haven't been to church have you, ji?"

right. "i... uh... school work is a heavy load on me... i forge-"

"forget?! we run by christianity in this household. you would not have been birthed without it. and you surely haven't been forgetting all these past years. stop slacking." she huffed out. she went to grab another forkful of her vegetables before deciding to cut straight to the point.

"you're moving out." she said.

jisung dropped his fork. moving out?!
"you've been accepted to the boarding school we've been thinking about sending you to. from the looks of it, we know it's for the better." his father placed a hand over his mother's own. they exchanged quick glances before his father finished.

"you'll be with other boys and girls like you. think of it as just another college out of state."jisungs fists clenched hard on top of the counter. he felt his mother's stare across the table and quickly switched his hands to rest on his knees.

suddenly he felt sick. his stomach turned and twisted in an uneasy way. hot, uncontrollable tears rolled heavily down his cold cheeks. his hands became cold and sweaty.

"i- excuse me." with that, jisung set his napkin on the table and put his phone in his back pocket before leaving the room.

"jisung!" his father called out. he couldn't hear straight over the thumping of his loud feet on the wooden stairs. when he reached his bedroom, he slammed the door shut behind him and slammed his face into the pillow.

he considered suffocating himself with the fabric, but he knew it wouldn't work. and besides, he didn't have the chance to tell minho he loved him.

after some time, he gathered the energy to flip the pillow, as one side was becoming increasingly wet from his tears.

he would lose everything he was becoming less numb to. minho, his first true love, would be left behind. the beach that held all of the euphoria and pain would no longer be in reach. felix, his childhood best friend, would only exist through phone calls and messages and the occasional fortnite matches.

everything would be erased from his vivid memory eventually.

just like his late sister.