11.) Movie Dates

The rain stopped falling at nine, which is when I reluctantly said my goodbye to Kale and slipped my hoodie back on over my head before making my way through the grass and into Jackson’s identical house.

I wish I could tell you that the night was spent romantically kissing in his room or proclaiming our love for each other or at least confessing feelings. Well, if I told you that, I would be completely lying.

You see, after we kissed, we just kinda stood there for a while with our faces like an inch apart. But then, he stepped back and asked if I wanted to watch a movie. We made popcorn and then said on the couch and watched one of the Jackass movies.

Again, I could tell you that whenever something gross happened, I cowered into his arms and then he’d chuckle and assure me that it was okay or instead of watching the movie, we just made out. And again, no.

Whenever I found something to be completely disgusting, I’d wince and then Kale would laugh at me and tease me for being a squeamish baby. I would scowl back at him and then laugh when he would wince when one of the guys on the TV would take a hit to their manhood. So it would by my turn to laugh at him. We went on like that for two of the Jackass movies before we talked Ryder into going up to the pizza place to pick up a pizza. Jackson came over and we all had pizza, which is when I found out that Andy gets home tomorrow from her trip with Tommy.

Once we were done with dinner, Jackson went home but I decided to stay a little bit longer so Kale could take me into the game room. Aka, another shot to confess feelings or get another kiss. Nope. I did, however, beat him at air hockey twice.

Out of ten games, but technicalities aren’t important. I also beat him in three games of foosball, out of five games. Not too bad.

And when it was time for me to leave, I left. Not a word was said about the kiss. He didn’t even act any different. Luckily, things weren’t awkward. Unluckily, he didn’t kiss me again. And I really wanted him too because it was kind of one of the best kisses I’ve ever had, even if it’s one of the very first. It was incredible and I could probably write an essay on how amazing that kiss was and I couldn’t count the amount of times I’ve played it in my head over and over.

When I got back into the house, Jackson was already upstairs in his room but I knew that he wasn’t asleep yet, since it was only nine thirty. I decided not to bother him even if I wanted to scream at him in happiness over what happened. And then in frustration.

Completely exhausted, I stumbled into my room and curled up under the covers without a second thought and closed my eyes. Sleep easily knocked me out.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

When I woke up, I had a creepily large, giddy smile on my face. We kissed. Kale kissed me. We kissed. I kissed him back. We kissed. We kissed. We kissed.

WE FRIKKIN KISSED!

I let out a squeal and a giggle with a happy dance under the covers until I stood up onto my feet and hurried into the shower. After a quick, refreshing shower, I’d figured out that nothing could wipe the smile off of my face. That kiss was still replaying in my head, making it impossible to think about anything else. I got dressed in hot pink shorts and a white Hello Kitty shirt with my hair dangling down my back, crumpled and still damp. I put a rim of thin black eyeliner around my eyes, just in case I came across Kale. You know, the guy who kissed me.

After I was satisfied with how I looked, I wandered out into the hallway and into the elevator, considering I was way too distracted to even try going down the stairs. When the ding sounded, I pushed myself down the hall and into the kitchen where Jackson was sitting at the table on the phone with somebody. I made a quick bowl of cereal and sat down at the table, not really paying attention to what Jackson was saying into the phone.