23.) Concluding

"Just hit it."

"I can't!"

"Focus."

"I am!"

"Eyes on the ball."

"They are!"

"Stop whining."

"I'm not!"

Wow, I really can't get the hang of this baseball thing. And right now, Kale was determined to show me how to play. I think he just enjoyed watching me suck at this whole thing. I held the bat in my hand once again and watched as Kale prepared to throw the ball right for me. I forced myself not to cower away from the throw that was about to come my way.

"Don't hit me." I warned.

He smirked. "I'll try not to."

I glared at him before preparing for the ball with shaking fear. He's thrown multiple demon balls right for the bat, but I always miss, I'll never get it, I don't know why he's pushing this so much. The only reason I agreed to this was so I could spend more time with Kale, and see how good he looks when he sweats. Is that gross? Oh, well. But now, we've been out in the sun for about two hours and I was tired. Exhausted, really. In the first half hour, I understood the fact that baseball was not the sport for me, but Kale seems to think otherwise.

He threw the ball and when I considered it to be the right timing, I swung the rigged bat into the air aimlessly. No surprise, I missed the ball completely and it zoomed past me.

"Throw it slower." I huffed.

He laughed. "That's as slow as I can throw it, babe."

"Well then there is no hope for me." I mumbled, dropping the bat and walking towards Kale with a pleading look on my face. "Can we pretty please take a break?"

"You're so cute when you pout." He teased, cupping my face in his hands.

I blushed and looked into his eyes, butterflies rippled through my stomach. "You're very sweaty."

He smirked and put his lips on mine, another wave of butterflies and it was killing me. "Then we better go take a shower." He said in a thick, husky whisper against my lips, making my heart pound in my chest.

Just the tone of his voice had me wanting his lips on mine, and so so much more. I tried to lean into his lips, but he just pulled away and started walking towards the bat that was resting in the dirt of the baseball diamond. "You're such a tease." I whined, following him with a childish stomp to my walk.

He looked back at me with an innocent grin. "You're so easy to tease."

I grumbled a few choice words before deciding to beat him at his own game. I snuck up behind him and wrapped my arms around his waist with my lips at his ear. "Is anybody at your house?" I whispered sweetly.

"No, why?" He croaked.

I giggled into his ear before whispering. "I think your Jacuzzi is much better for a big bubble bath." When I finished speaking, I opened my mouth and nipped at the lobe of his ear. I looked down, over Kale's shoulder, and saw the stirring at his zipper and smirked. "I'm not the only one so easy to tease." I whispered before recoiling and walking ahead of him towards the house.

"Wait, were you serious?" He called after me once he started moving again and tried to catch up to me.

I gave him a girly grin and shook my head. "Nope."

"Tease." He muttered, wrapping his arm around my shoulders. The walk back to the house was long, considering the diamond was hidden behind a layer of thick forest trees, unlike the football field right behind the pool. As we walked, we talked about anything that came to mind, and most topics had me laughing or giggling, or wishing that I wasn't so gross so that I could kiss Kale without feeling self-conscious about my stink.