2. The Main Leads

Bai Chen Rong, whose face could sink cities and provoke wars took the lead in greeting.

"Greetings, imperial daughter Gao Le." She curtsied with a smile then looked behind Yin Hua Lei. "This girl thought that my third elder sister is with imperial daughter. Looks like I was mistaken."

Yin Hua Lei thought herself to be very patient before meeting Bai Chen Rong but who could stand that smile that seemed to know all secrets? On normal days, her face would be crumpled just seeing Chen Rong across the street.

But today, the more annoyed she was, the more indifferent her face.

Yin Hua Lei nodded first at Chang wang. "Ninth brother." Then turned to the girl by his side. "Fifth miss Bai has come at the right moment. Hurry, fetch your third elder sister. This imperial daughter doesn't want to keep a pet anymore."

Chen Rong was confused for a moment. She wanted to see how angered this spoiled imperial daughter was. She even heard the good news that she fainted from shock yesterday. But Yin Hua Lei didn't show the faintest animosity for some reason. And now she didn't want her lackey anymore?

The couple both thought the same thing: 'What play is she staging now?'

Just as they were thinking, Bai Chan Yi was heard shouting.

"Imperial daughter, forgive this lowly girl! Chan Yi can't really hurt my fifth sister. She's my sister but she's also the future Chang wangfei. Please don't ask me to poison my sister!"

All the sounds of chatting and chopsticks clattering stopped.

The ninth prince Xia Yu Heng's face darkened once he heard this. Time and time again, Yin Hua Lei caused trouble for his woman. To say that he hated her was an understatement.

"Would imperial daughter give an explanation to this prince?" Very rarely would Xia Yu Heng put on airs like this. And it would always be in front of Yin Hua Lei.

But Chen Rong's sly smile blossomed once again. It seemed the master and her lackey had a falling apart. This was fun for her.

By now, Yin Hua Lei should have employed the use of her water works, tugging Xia Yu Heng's sleeve calling "Ninth brother, Hua Lei is wronged!"

But something must have gone wrong along the way because the people at the third floor only heard a faint feminine laugh muffled under her sleeve.

"I've always admired ninth brother's gentle disposition in life and has learned a lot from ninth brother even just watching from afar. That's why this imperial daughter won't argue with an insignificant thing such as a third miss Bai."

She continued sarcastically. "Everyone here has heard this sort of exclamation. This imperial daughter hopes you'll all be witnesses. If a single harm befalls on Bai fifth miss, this imperial daughter would be most guilty."

Like that, the people continued eating. It was as imperial daughter Gao Le had said. Against Yin Hua Lei who was favored by the Emperor, even a Bai Chan Yi who was a daughter of a standard third rank official was insignificant. In addition, if imperial daughter Gao Le really wanted to kill someone, she'd probably make sure not to plan it in such a public place where idiots could suddenly blurt out her whole plans.

Everyone knew of the rumors of imperial daughter Gao Le's feelings for the ninth prince. She also had numerous times of falling out against the Bai fifth miss in the past. But in the end, who was Yin Hua Lei? She was the capital's only fairy imperial daughter!

Even the Emperor acknowledged this fact.

The Bai Chen Rong was rumored to be very ugly before but it was proven that she was an outstanding beauty and some people only wanted to slander her, creating those hearsay.