33. Violent Shade

"Jiejie, we shouldn't be caught up with the specifics now. There could only be one imperial will after all. What is jiejie worried about?" Imperial Consort Fa's voice had a soothing effect to everyone who was there.

She was his Majesty's most favored consort and also the mother of ninth prince Chang. Her words carried weight in the imperial harem, which almost equaled the Noble Imperial Consort.

The Empress wanted to argue further but didn't know how to. Cold sweat ran down her back. What was happening?

The scroll she gave the night before was definitely red. Why did it suddenly change to gold?

That slutty consort must have done something with it! She said that her son fully supported the third prince! Why was there a sudden reversal now?

The third prince also felt his mother's agitation. There was something wrong with the imperial edict.

It should contain Xia Yu Sheng's name as the next emperor but with his mother silently panicking like this, someone must have tampered with the edict.

Xia Yu Sheng's eyes gleamed with a cruel light.

Even if the last will was tampered, nothing would change!

I am the Emperor!

The third prince eyed an imperial guard who upon receiving his signal, backed away discreetly.

His private army now surrounded the imperial city. The outcome would still be the same no matter what was written on the edict.

It was just a shame that the Sacred Sky hall would be bathed with blood tonight.

Xia Yu Sheng squeezed his mother's hand in a reassuring manner.

Everything was in their hands. Even the top brass imperial guards were on their side. What could the other ants do?

The Empress soon calmed down.

Yin Hua Lei looked back and forth, and could understand the situation more or less.

The Empress employed Imperial Consort Fa's efforts to poison the Emperor, taking advantage of his fondness for the consort. And then, she was ordered to plant the imperial edict. But Imperial Consort Fa must have other plans as well.

Her eyes travelled to Xia Yu Heng. Yes, this was how he got the throne in the original storyline.

Earlier, Yin Hua Lei chose a spot that would overlook most of the people in the hall without getting too much attention. Her decision was right. This was indeed a first class seat to a grand play acted by the royal family.

As her eyes darted from face to face, Yin Hua Lei suddenly froze.

'Where is she?!'

Her mind instantly blanked. And in her growing panic, she yelled:

"XIA LIAN BEI!"

Never had Gao Le princess lost composure like this.

Feng wang shu who was by the eldest prince's side was instantly alarmed when he saw how agitated Yin Hua Lei was.

He looked around him and his face mirrored Gao Le princess' expression. Xia Lian Bei was focused on finding a timing to help the eldest prince and his consort mother that he became unaware of other things but now...

His heart pounded real hard as he watched the princess approaching like an angered tigress.

All the royalty, ministers, guards and palace servants were slack jawed as they looked at Gao Le princess who was stalking like a predator.