25. Low Emotional Quotient

Silence.

More silence.

Xia Lian Bei expected some form of denial, violent reaction, disbelief or even embarrassment.

But the person on the bed had a wooden expression all throughout.

All of a sudden, he felt tiredness creep to his bones.

She was really way more heartless than he was. He could even be akin to a saint when compared to her.

"Alright... I'll call your maids. You need to fill your stom-"

"Prince Feng..."

Xia Lian Bei sighed.

"You don't need to believe. Ben wang's not forcing you. Just... treat it as this prince telling a bedtime story or something."

He turned to the door.

"Someone, come! Your master is awake."

Answering his call was Xin Tao. Seeing Yin Hua Lei with her eyes open, the yatou looked like a huge boulder was taken off her shoulders.

She grinned widely, almost forgetting that Feng wang was also in the room.

"Mistress, this servant will heat soup to warm your body."

With nimble steps, she went off to do just what she said.

Xia Lian Bei looked on with quiet satisfaction. This damn girl really had reliable people.

He was about to stand up and take his leave but Yin Hua Lei abruptly spoke.

"My people were the ones who wiped out the staff of the inn. But... That year, members and the leaders of a prominent cult running rampant in tha jianghu were all subdued, captured or killed on the spot by an anonymous officer of Da Xia."

The demonic cult she was talking about was the backer of that inn. So the prince carefully nodded, not really knowing where she was getting at.

He was displeased because she shouldn't speak too much. Her voice was still raspy from being unconscious for almost two days.

He poured another cup of water which she casually took with her left hand. She slowly sipped with a thoughtful look then handed it back to him.

"The valiant hero never showed himself... That achievement should have been in your list of meritorious deeds. But that year, Feng wang shu was said to be badly needed in Northern Chu and couldn't journey back for the new year..."

She glanced down at him. One person sitting on the bed, one sat on the floor.

Xia Lian Bei suddenly had an ominous feeling.

"We both know you weren't in Northern Chu. From the looks of it, it also weren't you who arrested that demonic cult. Or else, you should have went back to the capital to celebrate such a huge feat with his Majesty."

Yin Hua Lei narrowed her eyes at him to the point that his hair stood on ends. What was wrong with her?

He had no choice but to admit.

"Fine... Fine. Ben wang ordered my men to deal with the Mo cult while I alone followed you. Just... Just don't ask this prince how."

Those were the greatest shameful moments of his life and he wasn't going to speak about it.

Yin Hua Lei stared at the wang shu's pale face that was getting more colorful by the second. His ears underneath his long hair were probably bright red already.