11. The Dying Plan and Huoyang

Back to the night royal princess Gao Le was conferred her new title, a falcon was soaring through the night sky.

It didn't lose its majesty even without anyone watching it.

The carnivorous bird flew hundreds of miles from the imperial city northward only to stop in a small valley of an unknown mountain.

The sky was turning rosy, indicating the rising sun.

Seeing the bird, an arm shot out and became its landing spot.

The person took the small parchment tied near the bird's sharp claws. Then didn't forget to feed the avian its favorite meat.

"Highness! A message came from the capital!"

An aide ran to a well built man. He stood with a heroic bearing, inspiring awe to those who'd look.

He was wearing a fit leather armor over his dark robes, his long hair was pulled by a golden jade coronet at the top of his head.

Long, sword like eyebrows, thunderous eyes, a slightly crooked nose and lips that always looked to be sneering.

He was a healthy man in his early thirties.

The man ordered for the letter. And he swiped his eyes over the contents. It was written in code and he instantly knew of its validity.

Upon reading the message, the man crumpled the parchment in contempt.

Seeing his agitated mood, his right hand man immediately knelt.

"Third highness, your orders?"

The third prince, Xia Yu Sheng almost growled.

"We'll immediately move! This mission is considered failed."

The right hand man lowered himself further. The prince was mad.

The contents of the letter, he also knew.

Xia Yu Sheng turned around in a huff, entering his large tent, following closely behind was his attendant.

"Sudden changes happened at the capital. That Yin girl regained her favor, even promoted to be a royal princess. Tell this prince, did word get out of our camping here today?"

The attendant looked to the ground as his master paced about.

"Your Highness, this servant personally took care of this matter. Our plans are certainly without leak-"

"Then why is this prince's sister suddenly being held outside at some Gao Le palace?!"

Xia Yu Sheng's mood was really sour. Don't tell him he came all the way here to this wilderness to catch some puny bugs?

The right hand man was quaking in fear but forced himself to stand still.

"This... Your Highness, quell your anger... You know very well his Majesty's whims. This doesn't necessarily mean that it's premeditated...."

The third prince harshly glared at this stupid person.

Would his imperial mother be so anxious as to even risk being caught just to send him word? The fact was the tenth princess was suddenly living outside the imperial palace while he was supposedly delivering disaster relief to the people of the northwest.

If his tenth sister wasn't being held hostage then what was this?

His imperial father might be slow sometimes but he sure wasn't the emperor for nothing.

Whether he suspected the third prince's real aim or not, the Emperor still made sure that he wouldn't do something outrageous by holding Xia Luyoung.