8. Trouble Found Her

Even though Yin Hua Lei wanted to stay away from trouble, it seemed trouble was looking for her.

What was insulting was, a small brat dared to bare her teeth against her!

Of course, Yin Hua Lei knew her own temper. She wasn't the immovable saint, people imagined her to be because the asura[1] was just hiding beneath the surface.

The tenth princess only saw Yin Hua Lei rising from her seat. She felt proud of herself. She was able to order imperial daughter Gao Le, a feat that no one even dared.

The twins, Huaying and Huajing felt helpless. No matter what, the other side was a royal princess. Their cousin sister had to deal with this on her own. But if Xia Luyoung went too far, the two hoped his Majesty would forgive them for what they would do.

There was a harmless curve on the tips of Yin Hua Lei's lips and she looked like she was floating towards the tenth princess.

Xia Luyoung thought that she was walking here to apologize so she raised her head higher.

But beside her, a girl just a few years older, also stood. The girl hid her shaking hands inside her sleeves and under the folds of her dress.

The girl was precisely Bai Chan Yi who was up and about now that her bruises had healed. She managed to squeeze herself among the girls who curried for the princess' favor. From there, she went on to incite the tenth princess to lash out on imperial daughter Gao Le.

Wasn't the tenth princess higher in rank? But why was Chan Yi feeling a little queasy now that the imperial daughter was drawing near?

There was clearly no hostility in the imperial daughter's eyes but the look on them was so unreadable.

Yin Hua Lei's hooded eyes seemed to be seeing inanimate objects while weighing the pros and cons of buying this trinket or that. It would be the same if Chan Yi or even the tenth princess were there or not, as though she wasn't really looking at people of flesh and blood.

When Yin Hua Lei was a few steps away from them, Xia Luyoung also began to sense something wrong and did her best not to fidget.

What's wrong with me?

If Yin Hua Lei knew their reactions, she would be baffled too because she didn't know that as a villainess, she had a natural ability to make people feel disturbed in her presence. Of course, she wasn't aware of this and didn't even make good use of her villainess halo when she was still fighting for Xia Yu Heng.

Now that she wasn't so desperate for attention, the evil aura came out unconsciously.

As the two girls' nerves were on the verge of exploding, who knew that the imperial daughter would only softly say, "Tenth sister..." these two words and then pass them by.

And as people were still bewildered, asking: Did imperial daughter completely throw the tenth princess' face?

Yin Hua Lei paid them no heed. Standing at the middle of the hall, she bent her knees while facing the main entrance.

"Uncle Emperor and Aunt Empress have come, Hua Lei is glad."

A few soft spoken words caused the people's ears to ring.

Sure enough, it was only then that the eunuch announced the dragon and the phoenix's presence.

Everybody in the hall had to do a grand salute and loud greeting. Even the Emperor's children were no exception.

And as if they weren't shocked enough, before his Majesty told them to rise, Eunuch Min Tong, being the only one whose face wasn't parallel to the floor, was the only one who saw Emperor Du Liang's frown.