9. Promotion

One by one, the Emperor's actions always made people confused.

Now, early in the morning, Yin Hua Lei was summoned to the Grand Deity Hall where the court presided.

The morning court had just adjourned but all the officials felt that his Majesty wanted them to remain.

As it turned out, when the large doors were opened, imperial daughter Gao Le entered.

The officials' eyes bulged upon seeing the lady with ultimate grace as though she was a breeze cooling their withered hearts.

They all greeted her with a salute.

It wasn't the first time that a lady was summoned to a court meeting but still left one amazed every time.

But why is she here?

A question that even Yin Hua Lei didn't have the answer to.

The officials racked their brains for a reason but history told them that when a woman entered this hall, huge things always happened.

What would it be this time?

A few steps just before the throne platform, the imperial daughter curtsied.

"Uncle Emperor has called for Hua Lei?" An aloof voice was heard echoing in the large hall with gigantic red pillars.

Emperor Du Liang didn't answer immediately and opted to stare at Da Xia's top dignified officials from his dragon seat.

Some of them were righteous, some were mediocre, some were like wolves ever hungry for power. But they were all the same in his eyes. While, he, the Emperor was not the incompetent ruler that they thought.

His eyes traveled to Yin Hua Lei and something flickered in them but was gone in the speed of light.

The Emperor sighed while lamenting: "Zhen has wronged Our niece. All these years, Zhen knew what you're waiting for yet Zhen didn't give it to you. Now, your age is such. How can you still find...."

Another sigh.

Yin Hua Lei froze deep inside. Don't tell her this uncle was indirectly exposing her feelings to the world?

"No matter, We will make it up to you."

He then threw a glance at Eunuch Min who took it as a cue to step out with a golden scroll in hand.

"Imperial Daughter Gao Le, eldest miss of the Yin clan, heed the decree!"

It wasn't only Yin Hua Lei who knelt. All the top officials of Da Xia, even the right and left prime ministers were no exception. This was the son of heaven's will!

For a while, only the sounds of rustling clothes were heard.

Eunuch Min continued with his wise and solemn voice.

"His Majesty, the Emperor, watched imperial daughter Gao Le grow up and has been close to her like a father and teacher. It goes without saying that the Emperor witnessed imperial daughter's superior class, nobility and gracefulness. His Majesty hereby confers the title Royal Princess Gao Le and a piece of land northeast of the imperial city, along with handpicked treasures from the imperial treasury to Lady Yin Hua Lei of the court. Signed by Emperor Du Liang on the 21st day, 7th month of the 26th year of His reign. So it shall be!"

The old eunuch's voice rang clear and left many speechless and their minds to go blank.

"This princess-subject humbly accepts. Long live! Long live! Long live his Majesty!"