31. Black Swan

"Mistress, Zhao Gang is getting goosebumps ah! You look like a husband lovingly looking at his little wife. Why do we even need to stop here?"

A coarse voice was heard inside an inconspicuous carriage.

Prince Feng had long entered the palace but Gao Le princess' simple yet elegant carriage stayed near the end of the line.

Yin Hua Lei had a faint smile on her thin lips, remembering the looks of admiration the maidens threw at the wang shu.

With a gifted visage like that, this should always be the case but that prince nearly permanently destroyed it with the way he dressed himself.

Of course, she had a hand in this forced makeover. Where else would that Feng prince find a better aesthetic master? With his tastes, he might end up finding a jester instead.

Yin Hua Lei took advantage of Xia Luyoung needing to go back to the imperial palace to jump over the walls towards the wangfu next door a few times.

The first time she did it, she got severely scolded by a certain wang shu. But could she really go the normal way and pass through the main doors?

Wouldn't that be the same as announcing to the whole world that she had some connection to Feng wang?

In the end, Xia Lian Bei relented.

From then, the Feng prince's wardrobe met a radical change. Yin Hua Lei seemed to take it as her life mission to change the way Xia Lian Bei dressed.

In truth, the prince never cared for his appearance. It just so happened that the eunuch who was in charge of his clothes was a prankster.

The eunuch loved hearing stories of people's horrific reactions at Feng wang's clothes.

This eunuch was also the one who took care of Xia Lian Bei since he was young. He even served Consort Liu Qing back in the day so Feng prince let him be.

When Yin Hua Lei learned this ridiculous back story...

Let's just say that the eunuch managed to personally meet his worst nightmare.

But he was still alive and kicking. Don't worry, Yin Hua Lei was not that heartless to the old eunuch.

Seeing her master not replying to his taunts, Zhao Gang became more courageous.

"Aren't you jealous, mistress? That's your man ah! Should Zhao Gang claw their eyes out?"

"If you don't shut your mouth, this princess will just sew them together with a burning hot needle!"

Yin Hua Lei's voice was bitingly cold. The hidden guard had no choice but to clam his lips tight.

Their mistress became more violent these days ah. Was it the effect of having a fiancé?

"Let's go." Going back to her neutral tone, she beckoned the carriage forward when she saw a familiar symbol.

The Yin ducal house had arrived.

Yin Huaying and Yin Huajing were riding their horses on either side of the carriage.

Once they stopped, the twins descended.

The elder twin, Huaying, went to assist the people from inside the carriage.

Huajing, who saw another carriage getting closer, went straight to it.

Duke Yin, Eldest Lord Yin and Madam Nuo all descended from the first one.

Meanwhile on the second carriage, a gloved hand held Huajing's as the person alighted.