34. Over at the Cold Palace

The moment Yin Hua Lei and Xia Lian Bei left, the two maidservants who were waiting outside Sacred Sky palace also followed suit.

The two yatou took note of the masters' agitation and could instantly deduce that something happened to the little princess.

Only Tiandi could move these two persons in such a way.

As they were using qinggong, a shadow intercepted them.

"Mistress, the cold palace has corpses strewn on its courtyard." Zhao Gang immediately reported.

Normal hidden guards couldn't enter the royal palace but because he was a high ranking Xiu assigned to be a Yin daughter's comrade, this man treated the palace as his back garden.

Both Yin Hua Lei and Xia Lian Bei tensed when they heard this. At the same time, they quickened their pace.

Arriving at the cold palace, there were really several corpses dressed as eunuchs and palace maidservants but their physiques indicated that their normal jobs included physical exertion which meant they were only disguised as palace servants.

The blood coming from their bodies was fresh. The fight had just finished.

On the way, Zhao Gang already called some of the Xiu brothers and sisters so he dauntlessly broke the doors.

But what greeted them was a surprise.

"Xin Cai! Xin Du!" Zhao Gang's voice became shrill.

Yin Hua Lei burst inside the main bedroom of the cold palace.

Indeed, her former maidservants were there looking pale and panicking, with splashes of blood on their dresses.

Once they saw Yin Hua Lei, their eyes reddened.

"Mistress, you've come!"

Yin Hua Lei knew her people were far from crybabies. But it must have something to do with how dire the situation was.

It wasn't time to celebrate their reunion yet.

Once she walked over, her face fell.

Xia Luyoung was lying on one side of the big bed. Her lips were almost violet. There were streams of dried blood coming from her eyes, nose and ears.

Seeing this, Xin Ling immediately went closer to see her condition.

Xin Tao went over to Tiandi who was only unconscious and pale but had no blood coming out of her.

"When the surroundings became chaotic, Tenth Highness held the little princess, saying that they should hide. These servants heard it and refused but the Tenth Highness was adamant and so serious." Xin Cai, the more petite girl narrated to Yin Hua Lei and Xia Lian Bei.

Xin Du continued, "Seeing that master was preoccupied, we weren't able to report. Moreover, Tenth Highness hurried us repeatedly."

The master she referred to was Feng wang.

"We went all the way here, and Tenth Highness suddenly stabbed both her maidservants. Saying, 'No one should find us now.' But then, she started convulsing and blood oozed from her orifices."

"Palace people then appeared but they had bad intentions so we kept them at bay but the Tenth Highness' condition worsened. Furthermore, the little princess suddenly lost consciousness!"

Yin Hua Lei remained calm upon hearing this.

But Feng prince wasn't used to bottling up surging emotions.

He wanted to burn the corpses outside, put them on a stake and be dragged by horses!

That was the worst punishment one could experience in the battlefield.