7. Speaking Ranks

If someone knew of Yin Hua Lei's predicament, they would know that she now regarded herself as half crazy.

Who wouldn't when one woke up in the middle of the night, suddenly knowing that she was living the life of a villainess of a novel.

She had vague memories of that distant world. But she had no attachments nor lingering sentiments.

The biggest factor that convinced her to believe was the book of which the main characters matched with Chen Rong and Xia Yu Heng's name, description appearance and temper.

She only regretted that the memory was confined to her Yin household being trampled upon when they fell.

From there, common sense would tell her that Xia Yu Heng probably succeeded in the fight for the throne.

Weren't all stories that way? The hero would go save people, fall in love with the heroine. Then together, they'd conquer the world.

None of that mattered to Yin Hua Lei now. She had woken up from her fantasy that the ninth prince would ever give her affection. It somehow vanished with the wind only leaving some resentments that wouldn't go away for a day or two.

The only thing she needed to do now was be obedient to her family and of course, her foremost job as a Yin: to protect the Emperor.

Now that she didn't plan to kill Chen Rong, there would surely be changes to the plot. Yin Hua Lei was supposed to die on the scaffold once her assassination attempt would be exposed.

Now she was determined that her family wouldn't have such a humiliating end.

Being inside the novel, it seemed so different. Mainly because she realized that even though the novel revolved around the protagonists, there were some things that even the story wouldn't reveal to the readers.

"Mistress, we've arrived." Xin Tao softly uttered.

Yin Hua Lei didn't need to raise the curtains to know that they were in front of the Chang palace.

One month had passed and during these days, Yin Hua Lei practically confined herself inside the Yin manor.

Her mother was heartbroken to see her that way and her father regularly visited her courtyard to check up on her. It seemed Yin Fang Qi was quite afraid she'd suddenly hang herself.

Her lips curled in a faint smile. It wasn't because she was heartbroken. Her family was overreacting but she couldn't say that it was also the Emperor's wish for her to lay low and not show herself to the public.

As a result, rumors of her unrequited love resurfaced and now, she was suddenly attending the marriage banquet of the two.

Chang palace was very lively. As Yin Hua Lei got down her imperial carriage, numerous personae were spotted just outside the palace socializing amongst themselves.

When people saw her, there were quiet murmurs but Yin Hua Lei didn't mind.

The announcing eunuch by the door hastily attended to her.

"Imperial daughter Gao Le has arrived!"

Everyone inside the celebration hall looked towards the entrance.

Sure enough, a lady with incomparable bearing made her way. Arched brows, phoenix eyes, pointed nose and thin red lips. Her countenance flaunted her status and made people be contented of watching her from afar. Going near her might corrupt her blue-blooded presence.

Today she was wearing a blouse and skirt the color of the night sky. Normally, this wouldn't attract any kind of attention but the dye of her dress made one curious. How did the seamstress make a gradient from top to bottom, light indigo slowly turned to black on the seams of her skirt and sleeves?