10. Mini Villainess

In the next few days, the excitement in the imperial city also died down but that didn't mean the talks in tea houses desisted.

Nevertheless, inside the Gao Le palace, everything was tranquil.

In a courtyard filled with carefully grown flowers and other herbs with lush and trimmed grass all around.

Two of the most dignified young misses of Da Xia sat across each other on the beautifully carved stone tables and stools.

The younger one looked at everything around her in distaste as though nothing could par her standards in this world.

But her ire was mostly caused by the older lady in front of her.

The lady was gracile and none of the things happening around her seemed to matter. Her long and slender fingers were wrapped around some etching tools.

Her eyes were only spared for the jade in her hand. Dust was all over the table as she sculpted the piece of jade to perfection.

Yin Hua Lei had shut herself inside her palace since the announcement of the new title bestowed to her. She only showed her face in very short intervals for the highest ranking madams and princesses who visited her.

As a result, Xia Luyoung was forced to also be isolated from the world.

The tenth princess was bored to death and felt no difference living here or inside the imperial palace.

The juvenile Luyoung pouted and looked at the almost finished jadeite in the other's hand.

It was an alluring red begonia flower and she instantly knew it was meant to adorn the hair. But one must have to praise Yin Hua Lei's craft for every detail of the flower is very life like.

One would even have the illusion of seeing the morning dew hanging down the petals.

Finally, being an impatient youth, Xia Luyoung couldn't hold back her remark.

"That is one fine creation, Gao Le princess. Pray tell, do you perhaps have a secret jewelry shop where you sell these things?"

At first Xia Luyoung called her princess with great sarcasm and reluctance but she unknowingly got used to it after several days.

Yin Hua Lei's hands halted in their expert actions. She raised her line of sight and Xia Luyoung was greeted with a confused gaze.

For once, the celestial and unreachable lady looked a little lost as though she had forgotten where she currently was.

But her gaze soon became clear again as she focused on the tenth princess.

"Secret jewelry shop? Where does tenth sister get such unconventional ideas?"

Yin Hua Lei altogether stopped carving and put her attention on her charge.

"There's a trend in the novels nowadays. The heroines are unexpectedly not the usual damsels in distress, instead would have unimaginable powers and abilities. There was one heroine this princess read that actually owns a lot of businesses but doesn't reveal it until the end. This princess has taken a liking to those stories."

Xia Luyoung animatedly told.

There was no change in Yin Hua Lei's emotions and remained unmoved at the younger one's lively narrative.

By the end of Xia Luyoung's long tale, she was red in the face due to her excitement and was slightly embarrassed to let Yin Hua Lei see such a side to her. Sometimes, she really couldn't shut her mouth.

"Such stories written by dreamy scholars who failed the imperial exam, should a dignified princess be reading them?"

There was the usual faint curve at the corners of princess Gao Le's lips which only made one uneasy for one didn't really know what its meaning was.