20. Avalanche

"Yin Hua Lei, Have you no shame? Planned for her future? Does having my daughter adopted by a distant relative equivalent to planning for her future? While you wantonly chase after a man who will never look at you? Can't you lie any better than this?"

He was leaning so close to her as he lightly held her neck with his ice cold fingers.

Yin Hua Lei received the greatest shock in her life.

The man in front of her almost whispered, his mellow voice flowed smoothly to her ears as though he was a lover whispering sweet nothings.

But the words he spoke were infinite needles directly and repeatedly stabbing her heart.

It was true, she planned for Tiandi to be secretly adopted by a distant Yin aunt. It was true that after she returned that year, she upped her pursuit of Xia Yu Heng because she was threatened by the attention he was giving Bai Chen Rong who just returned to the capital after living in the suburbs for many years.

What Yin Hua Lei wanted back then was to be Chang wangfei. She poured everything she got to seize Xia Yu Heng's love.

It was all true but that was before! She had just recently given up and was looking forward to living alone all her life. Even if the Emperor planned to use her marriage, she could just request divorce after a year or two.

No one could force her to lie down with the man the Emperor would betroth her to. And she could still live as she wished even if she was married. Her princess title alone ensured that part.

But what she wanted the most was to retrieve her daughter no matter what. Only then could her heart finally be at ease.

Only then could she finally say that she really escaped the plot.

The original plot didn't say anything about Yin Hua Lei having a daughter. Although she wasn't sure why, it was still good as her child didn't have any part in this cursed fate.

When she became aware of it and wanted to change what would become of her, she longed for the daughter that was gone from her. Now that she'd seen her again, how could she let go?

From the emotions running rampant inside Yin Hua Lei right now, the most predominant was actually regarding this man in front of her.

The feathery touch to her neck was also her main focus. She could feel how cold his fingers were and it was as though they were the channel that emitted all the rage Xia Lian Bei had inside his body.

The coldness seeped through her skin and settled on her heart. His anger was unlike any other. The scholars would often depict this kind of emotion as hot and burning like a volcano brewing and then exploding.

But Xia Lian Bei's fury was like a single snowball on top of the highest peak of the winter mountains. The harmless little snowball innocently rolled down and the more it spun, the bigger it became.

The great avalanche all fell on Yin Hua Lei. It was merciless, freezing her blood to a halt, suspending her in the arctic chill.

Xia Lian Bei didn't squeeze her neck, merely holding and even rubbing his thumb against her chin.

Yin Hua Lei's pupils sank with this mere action. What shocked her the most was this man could actually take her life!

She knew herself best and rarely overestimated her abilities. But she was aware that with her education since childhood, very few in Da Xia could rival her martial arts.

She shunned this same ability when pursuing Xia Yu Heng because a princess should always be gentle and meek.

Then again, she was also forbidden to carelessly show off her abilities.