Chapter 5

The Raymonds

. . .

I looked at Maple at the booth next to me and nodded at her, what we were doing was risky for sure, but what's life without a little risk?

Back at the paper at hand, I wrote down my name -- my fake name -- Jonah Raymond, then I copied all the information that were needed: my age, sexuality, gender, ID number, job description, social status and some other questions. Which got me thinking why my father needed all that to the competition? I mean what are they going to do with my sexuality in this thing?

I handed the young lady the paper in which she smiled then she did some unfamiliar motion with her hand. I raised an eyebrow in question.

"You're passport." She stated, I nodded unsurely but handed it to her nevertheless.

"What are you going to do with it?" I asked, just for safety measures. The girl walked over to the machine at the back of the booth and laid my fake passport on the top.

"Just taking a copy in case" She answered, so this is a photocopier! I thought to myself. She taped on a few buttons then turned around and handed it back to me. Seconds later the paper came out, she put it in a file with my identification paper that I have just filled.

When I was about to turn around and get out before I got busted she called my name. "Mr. Raymond." To be honest it took me awhile to remember that this Mr. Raymond is in fact, me.

"Yes?" I walked back towards the booth.

"One last thing", she said as she grabbed some sort of needle from the drawer and motioned for me to give her my hand, which I did.

I thought she'll head to my veins, instead she took my finger and poked it with the needle, the blood oozed from my finger and she took it with another needle and dropped it in a tube. She added it to the folder.

She took the folder and threw it in a metal box, "That's it," she said as she winked at me. I raised my hand making sure she caught the wedding ring on my finger and spun around before I could see her reaction.

I walked out of the lane of booths towards the gate and leaned on the wall beside it as I awaited my dear wife to come.

I heard a throat being cleared not a minute later; I looked up and smiled at the light brunette in front of me. "Let's go?" She asked I nodded.

We walked hand in hand outside of the place together, "Home?" I asked she nodded at me.

"Home"

. . .

Fetching the key from my back pocket, I locked the door that led to me apartment.

"Welco--" I started but she cut me off.

"Get out of the way!" She yelled as she pushed me and the door aside.

I got inside and found her throwing the brown wig at the floor, revealing her true Red hair. We decided that we would dye our hair before the competition better than now, so we stuck with the wig solution.

Before you get too lost, here is what happened; Two days ago, my dear fiancée searched down anyone who we can steal their identity, since she was a journalist and all, it was no hard job. Not the best plan out there but....

Never mind, so after some hardcore research and some more of that, she finally found two newlyweds who disappeared two days ago in their hiking trip. The guy -- as you know -- is a 30 year-old man, who works as a photographer at an underground magazine with blonde hair while I have pitch black. And grey eyes while mine are blue, but gladly he was skinny like me. Still, I had to change my figure so I won't get noticed.