Chapter 12

Visionary

.  .  .

It has been a while since I woke up somewhere else from home. The problem was that I always forgot where I was. Whether it was summer camp or college parties but the hangover is mostly to blame.

As usual, when a fire alarm went off and water flew out and down straight on me, leaving me soaking wet, I woke up with the worst heart attack you could ever witness, God forbids. The fact that this is my room was not helping to say the least.

The first thing that came to my mind ever since my eyes flew open, was that something happened to my mother. So I launched from the bed and threw myself at the door.

It didn't open.

I tried everything, but it wouldn't move. Eventually after wasting a good sum of time trying to open my bedroom's door did I lose hope and fall on my back, panting.

The round ceiling helped me snap back to reality, it all came rushing to me from that point. I slept before the doors closed so I didn't witness it. I looked at the clock above my bed post and found a clock.

Six in the morning!

Seriously, what is wrong with my father and the number six? I thought to myself. The number seven was circled around with a neon yellow marker.

I stood up from my place and walked over to the rules that I didn't have the time to read yesterday.

Written in black cursive was:

1) Never miss the door that opens at 7 AM and closes at 7:05 AM in the morning.

2) Never miss the door that opens at 7 PM and closes at 7:05
PM at night.

3)Never move with the themes as they move from one Arena to the other.

4) Never talk with any of the others players at the game.

5) Never try to open the door because they won't open unless it is at their designated time.

6) Every Apple you hit will give you a point, the one with the most points win.

7) If you miss a day you lose 50 points.

8) If you break any of the aforementioned rules you lose 100 points.

9) The only time you could get out of your uniform is inside the dorms. (PS. Uniform is inside the wardrobe.)

Post note: Always remember that an Apple a day keeps the doctor away.

Below the Note paper was a basket full of freshly washed apples, a side note was lying in between the Apples with the word 'Fresh' written on the note. But they were green. And I always preferred yellow apples over Red and green. I took one nevertheless and munched on it while making my way towards the wardrobe.

Unlike yesterday, it did open, but instead of the lots of clothes I left back home, there was only one jumpsuit on a holder.

It was like a diver's jumpsuit, the same texture with waterproof fibers. Not knowing what to do, I stripped off my clothes and put the jumpsuit on quickly. It fit me perfectly, I wondered how big Maple's was, as I looked at the mirror and checked myself while clad in the black jumpsuit with the Green Apple logo of Apple—as weird as it sounds.

I even found certain shoes, running shoes if I may add. They were a little small around the edges but other than that I wasn't uncomfortable while wearing them.