Chapter 8

The Gang
.  .  .

Adam! Son, come in."

I went and personally greeted each one of them. Then grabbed a flute and sat beside Skylar Paxton's son, Sean.

They chatted for a while; I talked only when someone sent a word my way. Other than that I hadn't tried to communicate at all.

The door knocked after a while, and Sean got up to open it. Once the seat beside me was empty I felt a presence weight the couch down.

I raised my head and smiled at Daytona who got up from his seat and sat beside me. "Hey Tony"

"What's up son? You seem quiet today, is everything okay?" Leave it for the psychologist to make me feel better.

I nodded then shrugged, "Nothing new, though."

"What about that job of yours? You still work at that firm at downtown?"

I shook my head as I remembered those dreadful days. "God, no," I shook my head. "I quit that thing like three months ago or something."

Tony laughed at my horrified expression, "It looks like something happened, why did you quit?"

Wolf sparrow and his son and his son's girlfriend—that I have no idea why she's here—and Sean came in before I can open my mouth.

They greeted us then each took their place. All with their posh chemises and lavish Jeans, while the ladies wore evening holdup dresses.

I snapped back when Tony cleared his throat and told me to continue what I was saying. He really knew how to do his work.

"A rapist filed a lawsuit against the victims for 'victimizing' him; she blackmailed him or some of that bad blood."

"What happened next?"

"I refused to file it, the firm got mad for not accepting the money so they pressured me into it, so I quit, why get peer pressured? I didn't like the job anyways."

He nodded, "That's a good thing to do." He said, I smiled at him, "But I thought you wanted to be a lawyer?"

I sipped from my flute, "I did, i just don't do bad blood, and the firm was bad anyways."

"Why don't you work at a good one then?" Said Tony

"I don't have enough work experience as it seems." I said.

"Come on every body, food is ready." My mother said as she got up. I ushered for Tony to get up as we both made our way to the dining room.

Daytona was the only one who wasn't married and he didn't have kids as well, he preferred his single life better. He was also younger than all of them, by a year or two. Not much, but younger nevertheless. He had black hair and a pair of green eyes, he was a little chubby therefore a little chin but still the guy was handsome.

They all were.

I took my seat by the edge as I looked at the feast ahead, I deserved it after what happened today, and thinking about it now, my father looked so chill you wouldn't think the guy invented something that would end the human race instead of helping it.

I still feel sore from all of the running. What is he even testing us for?

The servants helped serving the food and I couldn't wait for them to get done so I could devour all that under one minute.

As soon as they left, I dug in my plate and started chewing on the awesome food like I'm on gluttony or something.

They all started with soup or appetizers, I went down to the business at once, I didn't have any time for nonsense.