Chapter 15

Beat Box

.   .   .

Contrary to last time, the photos were clear. At first, I honestly had no idea why she gave me the flash instead of inserting them in her own computer. Then I remembered, her laptop was at mine's......

I noticed that one of the medias switched was a video, I double clicked on it, Maple's booming voice broke through the laptop's mini speakers. I restarted the video and brought it closer to my ears to listen.

"Adam, hey! Did you check the news last night? If you didn't you probably must. A lot of....weird things are happening outside of this thing. I don't know about you but I think it has something to do with the whole apple ordeal we're in right now—"

I paused the video and searched for the television remote, after searching the closet and every single drawer in the godforsaken room, I walked to the TV and opened it from the back button while mentally scolding myself for not doing so in the first place.

Light flickered from the screen, the brightness was too high for my eye, and the fact that the whole room's lights were switched off didn't help at all. Mere moments later I adjusted to the brightness then walked to the TV again to increase the volume since I wasn't hearing much.

I was now stripped out of the jumpsuit, fed, hydrated, cleaned up and feeling better than usual. The best part was that I felt like I was once again a teenager and back in my room. This room was larger than mine back home, but I still feel like I'm home, which feels great.

The channel that I opened on was one named Media house, and in the middle of the screen was a semi-bald middle-aged man with a black suit and tie. The screen suddenly flipped to the weather forecast in which as predicted I paid zero attention to.

Then when the guy was back and he started talking it piqued my gaze back to the TV.

"For the second time in a row, a numerous amounts of doctors were killed! The devastating news of a sum of twenty doctors were killed yesterday and the reason is still not discovered by the paramedics, well not beyond that it was a heart attack. Skylar Paxon, one of the most experienced cardiologists across the country said 'we searched the bodies head to bottom, unfortunately nothing was clear to the sudden stop of the heart, but we will not stop examining until we find the real source.' The world is going crazy now on how that outsta—"

I flipped to the other news channels; Discovery, REN, Newnews, Everyday Channel and you name it, they all said the same: twenty doctors passed away yesterday and thirty three today. Why Maple thought this has to do with apple remains unanswered to me, but an unsettling feeling at the pit of my stomach told me to listen to the journalist because I know she's right.

And the fact that Paxon said something in it raised my suspicion even more. It was logical to go to him, I know. I shut the television and returned back to the laptop— Maple's words— and clicked resume.

"And uh.....another thing. I noticed that there is no sign for the Mitochondria, I don't know about you but it seemed pretty important, not in sight though....." she paused for a while, flipping the camera around the room.

Spacious, was the first thought that entered my mind when I checked out the room. As usual, it looked bigger than its normal size, which I'm guessing is probably illusions.

Even though the pictures were hazy, like she was running when taking them, but still I could make out the room. "So here is the plan—" her voice brought me back from my reverie. "You're going to concentrate on winning this goddamned thing while I search more into this, I'll record to you if I saw something fishy.....Good luck with tomorrow and don't enter the—" the video suddenly ended. Don't enter what? I wanted to know.