Chapter 18

Trivia

.   .   .

I got out of the spirit room in a blast; I was losing my mind here. How did they.....?

How could they revive a past like that? That was real I felt it! My brain was going ballistic; my father is truly a maniac.

My next stop was the Mind room, fetching my keys out again; I inserted the key into the lock and opened the door. As I made my way inside I wondered how did the people that live their dark past again deal with it? It was....sadistic!

The room was, as aforementioned, a squared room with a chair in the middle of it. I went towards it and slammed my body down against the wooden uncomfortable chair. But I had no other chances and it was my only salvation.

I closed my eyes for a moment or two, having a moment in peace. The sound of the door slamming shut snapped me out, well there goes nothing!

I shook my head as I looked straight ahead of me....what am I supposed to do here exactly? Where are the apples? The more the questions came by, the more I felt like my brain was going to explode; ones that did and ones that didn't concern the competition.

What if I lose? Is Lexi going to tell my father? Does he already know? What about Maple? Will she—

"A penny for your thoughts?" A voice said from somewhere around me, I raised my gaze and met those of a thirty year old man. He didn't seem older than Jonah, but definitely a couple years older than me.

He was standing right in front of me, unlike everybody working here— besides my father— he was the only one not wearing a uniform. No, he was clad in a silver colored suit and a pitch black tie with a white dress shirt tucked into his pants. He looked fancy, he smelled fancy, even his shoes were fancy.

What was silver-laced dude doing here?

"Excuse me?" I asked, the guy looked at me with a smirk etched on his face, that I oh-so-gracefully wanted to punch (for no exact reason). He raised an eyebrow for me to continue. "Who are you?"

He walked over to me and extended his hand.

"My name is Derek Fogarty, and I'm going to be your examiner today." He said, I took his hand and shook it.

So they're going to quiz me or something like that? I was always bad in these trivias, but it's not like I had any other better plans.

"So how is this examination going to go?" I asked him. He cleared his throat and walked around my chair, he held a remote and then he pressed on it. In the middle of the wall in front me, the bricks (which turned out not to be bricks) stared to close down like those of a car window. But only a square in the middle did, the rest of the wall was completely still.

I puckered my lips at the view in front of me, "Interesting...." I muttered, I heard the man behind me chuckle.

"Trust me Mr. Raymond, you haven't seen interesting yet." He said with a humorless chuckle. I was internally cringing but acted normal on the outside.

"I'm going to ask you a couple of questions," he started then pressed on another button, a green Apple flew down out of nowhere and sat on the place where moments ago there were bricks. I went to grab my bow and arrow when posh dude talked again making me halt. "If you answer right, an apple falls, if you answer wrong...." He trailed off, sending chills down my spine.

"What happens?" I asked, clearly not in the mood for a game of guess-what.

The guy, for some reason behind me, stood very close behind me and bent down close to my ear and whispered. "You wait and see." I didn't answer him. I already knew that there will be some kind of punishment for false testimonies.