Chapter 21

Korean

.   .   .

"Baby are you sure you know where we are?" I whispered in her ears.

"Relax..... I know what I'm doing." She said loudly. I was walking behind her.

If you're wondering where we are or what we're doing. Well I could only answer the what we're doing part, I have yet to know the answer of the 'where' part.

Well, first things first, we wanted to test out the apples and the effects and the aftermath and all that. Maple Red, being the local journalist that she is, apparently and I quote, 'knows a guy'.

So here we are, I'm some crackhead's science lab, everything is either neon or dusty in this place. In front of us was a door written on it with.....something weird, was the words "GWAHAG LAB".

"What is this? Latin?" I asked.

"Korean" She answered before knocking on the door.

"COME IN!" Someone shouted from inside the room, Maple took my hand and tucked me with her inside the room. The room, just like the freaky hall outside, was all walls and floors made from stone, no lamps or anything to light the room aside from all the neon wires all around the place.

It was freakishly cold in here, not spring weather at all. And other than that, the room was completely empty, void of people. But there was definitely a lot of stuff in here. It wasn't that big, just average sized, so to have five tables spread through that room, it left no space to walk around.

"Who the hell said come in?" I hissed, I swept the whole place with my eyes and there was no single human in that thing.

"Over here!" Said a voice, then suddenly a head whipped out from behind one of the tables. He was wearing huge lab-goggles and in a lab coat, which was surprisingly not all covered in blood to complete the image.

He took the goggles off and set them on the table, "Ohh hey!" He yelled suddenly. "My good friend Maple Red, how are you?" He walked towards us; he reeked of gum and candy, which was also really weird.

Maple shook his hand from over the other side of the table. The guy —not older than thirty— was a Korean boy with red hair. I didn't know if it was DIY-ed or natural but didn't further question.

"Hey man, how is it going?"

"Same old same old." He swept his gaze from her to me. "And who are you?" He smiled cheekily.

"Adam O'Neill, her fiancée." I pointed at her then raised my hand towards him which he took and shook.

He nodded at me and gave me a half annoying smile then shifted his attention back to Maple.

"So what brings you here? Long time no see, Red." He was now leaning on the table; suddenly he jerked back and kept on screaming "Ew, ew, ew, ew!"

Green disgusting liquid was now glued to his shirt, he took off the coat and disposed it in a large trash bin at the corner of the room, he walked back towards the table we were standing behind and pulled another fresh coat from under the table. He then got out two and tossed them at us.

"Back to where we were." Completely ignoring my existence, he looked at Maple with his million-dollar grin. The boy looked fresh out of a BTS music video.

Maple cleared her throat, then dug inside her pocket and got the latex plastic bag that had the apple inside of it.

"There is something inside; we have to know what is it."