e i g h t e e n

"OH MY GOD!"

"what? what is it?" ten asked as soon as y/n shouted loudly, he bowed his head as an apology to those around before scowling at y/n, "yah stop acting like a nutcase!"

kai was curious. y/n wasn't someone to shout so loudly in public. he took y/n's phone, which she dropped onto the table in shock, and read what was on it. just to make sure his eyes weren't deceiving him, he saved the message, swiped off and back onto the chat. when the same words were still there kai let out a small squeal as well, "OH MY GOD!" he looked over at y/n, grabbing her shoulders, "IS THAT REAL? PLEASE TELL ME IT'S NOT!"

"what's happening? why are you both acting as if someone said they liked y/n?"

both, y/n and kai, had the same facial expression that gave off a clear answer. ten couldn't help but sigh. who's the unlucky fellow? he thought. ten took the phone into his own hands and read what was presented. he blinked furiously reading the last line.

"is this actually jaebum? like the im jaebum?"

y/n buried her face into her hands, wanting the world to swallow her up. "what do i say? oh my god, what do i say? this has never happened before!"

"tell him you like him back!" ten exclaimed with excitement. he ready to type it out for her, with or without her consent.

"are you insane? i don't like him!"

kai began to chime in, just like ten, he could also tell that she liked him. "you have his hoodie, you like him."

"oh god, just kill me, please."

whilst y/n was having a breakdown and kai was trying to his best to console her, ten began to type out the text on her phone. before he could even send the message, jaebum had sent another back.

'i meant why do i like you in a friends way i'm not interested in you or anything'

"gosh he's harsh," ten scoffed in annoyance at the message before handing y/n her phone back. who did im jaebum think he was?

y/n read the new message as well. her face was filled with relief, whereas her heart was almost sad. "i mean he's right, why would im jaebum like me?"