twelve

all the boys had gotten together to hang out in mark's penthouse since it was the biggest one amongst all of them. normally they would discuss anything that had happened in their lives recently but the only thing the six men wanted to know about was the man who was jake's father.

"come on, yugyeom," youngjae said, hitting his friend's arm lightly, "you have to tell us who the guy is."

"fine." yugyeom got up to get himself another beer from mark's fridge. once he had returned to his seat on the sofa, he realised that all of his friends were suddenly paying attention to what he was going to say. "jake's real dad is christian yu."

"the boxer?" jinyoung asked in disbelief, "he was with y/n?"

"they were engaged," yugyeom added, which made jaebum choke on air.

"how the fuck am i supposed to compete with that?"

"hyung, he made her go through pregnancy with his kid all alone, there is no competition."

"yeah but he could probably break jaebum's nose." jinyoung added before earning an unnerving glare from jaebum.

"not if jaebum kills him first." jackson snorts, thinking about how easy it would be for jaebum to kill him and have no one ever find out. bambam laughed along with jackson before they were silenced by jaebum's cold glare, which shut them both up instantly.

"so why is he back in korea?" youngjae asked.

"how did he even know that y/n was in korea?" mark wondered, "it doesn't add up. i don't think him coming to korea is a coincidence or because he wants y/n back." obviously he didn't know y/n's situation very well, because it was personal, but it really didn't make any sense. "why would he text you?" mark asked yugyeom, a question that was on jaebum's mind ever since yugyeom told him about christian being back.

yugyeom sighed before drinking all of the alcohol left in the glass bottle he held. "i don't know. i don't trust him, not anymore."

"i'll look into it." mark replied, making the others look over at him. it wasn't out of his character to help out his brothers. mark would take a bullet for each of them if he had to. "in the mean time, keep as many tabs on y/n as you can."

the weather had become significantly colder. y/n sat on the park bench, watching at how jake would play with the other kids there. she hoped that bundling him up in a thick coat and scarf was enough to keep him warm from the chill in the air.

"here you go," jaebum handed y/n a cup of warm coffee that he had bought from a nearby store. she thanked him as she let her hands warm up from the heat that the contents released through the paper. they both sat with a comfortable silence between them. y/n was wearing the same scarf jaebum had given her - not wanting to throw it out at all. although, it irked her that the piece of warm cloth no longer held the strong masculine smell of ysl perfume that she had gotten accustomed to.

"i'm gonna go with jake for a sec," jaebum told y/n whilst he set his own drink down next to her. somehow the smile he gave her as he walked away warmed her quicker then the drink in her hand did.

lim jaebeom, stop being cute, i swear to god.

jake had said goodbye to the other two boys he was playing with, only to play with jaebum instead. they played on the climbing apparatus, well jacob did,
jaebum just supervised and made sure the toddler was safe. each moment being equally as precious as the last. some being too cute that y/n couldn't resist taking a picture of the two. y/n decided it was time to go back home when jacob was the last child still playing the park.

"but mummy, me and jae were playing nicely," the three year old pouted in anger. he rejected y/n's arms, that were open for him, yet latched himself onto jaebum instead.

jaebum was left flustered as y/n sent him a small glare. "we can still play at home, jacob." he said in hopes of that jake would listen to him, and luckily he did.

"okay!" jacob clapped his hands before he asked to be picked up, feeling tired from playing in the park so much. a chuckle left y/n as she watched him.

just as the three began leaving, a voice called out from behind them. "y/n." they all turned around to see who the voice belonged to. immediately, the smile on y/n's face dropped as she saw who was drawing closer to her. her eyes caught where christian was looking at, it wasn't her but the little boy, who was looking at the broad male with curiosity.

christian was seeing his son for the first time, for the wrong reason. and it broke his heart to know that the reason why he was able to witness his own child was to, ultimately, save him. "is this my-" the tone of his voice was broken. he felt broken. the whole reason why he was dragged there had flew out his head and all he seemed to be able to focus on was jacob.

that was his boy, his baby. yet he couldn't help himself but feel a little
joy as he studied jake's features, memorising them into his mind, to never forget his innocent face.

"jaebum, let's go." y/n held onto the other male, who was left feeling agitated at the sight of who he presumed was christian.

"no, y/n, please-"

y/n stalked up to the taller male till they were face-to-face, "if you appear in front of me again, i will make sure you'll never be able to us again. he will never know you are his dad, ever, i would rather jacob have no father figure than have him know of your existence." she spat at him in a whisper so that the little boy, that was near, wouldn't be able to hear.

"he's my boy."

"when's his birthday?" y/n asked, her eyes tearing as she looked up at the man with the face she used to adore. "what's his favourite colour? favourite toy? film, even." she interrogated him, hoping every word that she said was a punch to his heart, and it was. "you don't know any of these things because you don't care about him."

i do, that's why i'm here. christian wanted to come clean. tell her why he left, why he came back so suddenly, why he still loved her. there was doubt in his heart but his feelings were confirmed when he saw y/n again. after all the years apart, he could spot her in a sea of people.

a/n
i'm in my feels
i love you 3000