t w e n t y t w o

the atmosphere got really awkwardly really quickly. y/n kept telling herself to not to her hopes up and yet she did. jaebum also felt really awkward. he had an inward battle with himself about why he would say such a thing.

luckily for him he was saved by his phone ringing.

"it's jinyoung, it's probably important, i'll be back in a sec." jaebum got up and went into the downstairs bathroom, just to get some quiet since miyoung had began singing the frozen soundtrack.

"hey where are you? me and mark are waiting." jinyoung said impatiently whilst tapping his foot.

suddenly, jaebum remembered the plans he had made with mark and jinyoung to head over to a party that one of their college friends were hosting. it was dumb but for the past week, jaebum had been alone in his house and he didn't want to feel alone on a weekend; so getting drunk was one way to drown out his emotions.

"ah shit i'll be there soon, i'm at y/n's house right now-"

jinyoung cut the elder off quickly, his voice sharp, "why are you at her house?"

"i'll meet you guys in fifteen minutes." just before jinyoung could say anything, jaebum hung up the call and made his way back into the living room.

he told y/n that he needed to leave, even though he wanted to stay and hang out with her, but he didn't say that to her. part of him was sad that he couldn't stay, which was weird because he didn't enjoy most girl's company.

y/n just smiled softly at him, "okay, i'll walk you out." after making sure the puppy was safe and away from miyoung, y/n walked with jaebum till they were outside in front of his car.

it was a lot colder now since it was a little late into the evening. y/n wrapped the cardigan she had on around herself tighter, in hopes of protecting herself from the chill in the air, which didn't go unnoticed from jaebum.

feeling guilty, jaebum apologised straight away as he leaned against the hood of his car, "you should go back inside, you'll catch a cold."

"i'll survive," y/n said with a light laugh, trying to ignore the fact that her heart skipped, "give me your hoodie if you're that concerned."

with a sigh, jaebum took off his leather jacket before taking off the hoodie he was wearing underneath. "you better give this one back, it's expensive and i really like it." he draped the piece of clothing over y/n's shoulders and helped her arms go through the sleeve.

"what if i don't give it back?" y/n asked as she looked up into jaebum's dark eyes, trying her hardest not to get lost in them.

"i'll be fine as long as you have them."

"do you flirt with every girl like this?"

suddenly, jaebum felt he was hit by a truck of emotions. he didn't act like this with every girl. he wouldn't even dare give them his clothes. the most he would do is spend a meaningless night and maybe send a text back.

but then he remembered the bet.

y/n felt awkward just standing there whilst jaebum had began to space out. "i'm gonna go back inside, make sure to drive safely-" her words were quickly cut off by jaebum standing in her personal space. unexpectedly, his warm hands cupped y/n's face just as he kissed her, as softly as he could possibly manage.

he was right. kissing her was different.

a/n
i'm seeing monsta x!!!