one

kim yugyeom
make sure you come on time

im jaebum
i'm busy

kim yugyeom
we just got back from japan
how are you busy

im jaebum
i'm the ceo of a very successful
business, work doesn't stop

kim yugyeom
well you can take a break from it
for a few hours can't you?

im jaebum
i'll think about it

"mummy, i'm bored," jake whined as he slightly tugged the edge of the dress y/n was wearing. there were too many adults and none of them seemed interesting to the little boy. jake began to get upset because he wanted to see his uncle yugyeom, the main reason why y/n brought jake along with her.

y/n sighed as she tried to search the faces among the crowd for yugyeom. the small pout on jake's face made y/n frown. she knew that they should have stayed home and unpacked some more. a formal party wasn't the best scene for a toddler.

"i'm sorry baby," y/n crouched down to jake's height, she fixed the collar of the white shirt that she made him wear, despite him finding it uncomfortable. "once we see uncle yugyeom, we'll go back home, okay?"

jake nodded his head before he got distracted by the sight of his uncle. the pout on his face was quickly swapped with a big grin. he ran to yugyeom as fast as his little legs would allow him to. "bonjour!"

yugyeom forgot about the person he was talking to once he saw the little boy that was hugging his long legs. "jacob!" he lifted jake up into his arms straight away, "wow, my french boy is growing up! look at you, very handsome!" all the girls that had been staring at yugyeom awed at the precious moment, especially when the tiny boy gave yugyeom a kiss on the cheek.

y/n smiled as well. somehow leaving korea lead to her bond with yugyeom becoming tenfold stronger. he was there for her whenever she needed someone and she was there for him when he needed someone. seeing yugyeom with her son reminded her of the time jake was born. y/n was alone and out of all people, yugyeom hopped onto a plane straightaway and stayed with her till she was okay. that's why she held yugyeom close in her heart.

knowing that jake wouldn't be bored anymore, y/n decided to socialise with people she knew. but she didn't actually know anyone except for yugyeom and a few other people. y/n looked around to see if there was anyone she knew that she could go and talk to for the time being. she finally saw someone she recognised, jeon jungkook, the only boy who could tease yoongi and get away with it, apart from her as well.

"where's the demon?" jungkook asked, referring to yoongi because of his dark hair and cold look, "am i going to die tonight?"

whilst y/n and jungkook began catching up with each other about work and their boss, yugyeom was making his way around, greeting some of his guests and getting compliments about how cute jake looked.

"everyone, this is jake," yugyeom said as he stood in front of all his friends that were stood together. "jake, say hello!"

"hello," jake said shyly, waving his hand to all the pair of eyes that were peering at him. when the little boy recognised jaebum's face, he grinned at him before getting a soft smile and small wave back.

jackson was quick to befriend the little boy as he took him from yugyeom and into his own arms. suddenly, jake was no longer shy and acted as if he knew jackson as well as he knew yugyeom.

"do you know that kid?" mark asked since he was confused about why the dark haired boy waved to jaebum.

jaebum nodded his head in reply, gulping down the whiskey in his hand. "i saw him at the airport." mark nodded his head too, being satisfied with the answer. "he's y/n's son."

that wasn't something any of the six men were expecting to hear. jinyoung choked on his drink at the bluntness in jaebum's voice.

"our y/n? as in the one who moved to paris?" bambam was shocked, he felt a little betrayed that yugyeom, his best friend, didn't tell him anything about this since they told each other everything. "who's the dad?"

all the boys watched as jaebum just shrugged his shoulders as if he didn't care.

"some guy she's married to."

"i'm not married," a voice said from behind, jaebum's broad shoulders blocked the view of who it was but it didn't take a genius to know who it was. "please don't make up false accusations, they lead to rumours."

"y/n! you look great! how was paris?" jackson asked quickly to break any tension that was caused, as he placed jake down onto the ground.

as y/n walked past, she made sure to look jaebum dead straight in the eye.

"it was great, thank you," y/n said politely as she went to hold jake's small hand in hers. the resemblance between them only laid within their eyes and smile. the rest of jacob's features were inherited from the father he didn't have.

"it was nice to see you all again," there was sincerity in y/n's voice that made the six men feel warm, all except for jaebum.

when y/n walked away, jake turned around and waved at his uncle and shouted at him and his new friend. "bye bye!"

the tense atmosphere left along with y/n's presence.

"is it me or does she look different?"

"she looks pretty."