twenty three

y/n gained her memories after two months of seeing a psychiatrist, something jaebeom insisted as he worried about her mental health. she didn't tell him. not when she would relive her accident in her dreams, every single night. it was worse when jaebeom had left. there was no one to interrupt her nightmares before they got unbearable.

the bedroom was dark, apart from the dim glow coming from under the bathroom door, indicating that someone was in there. jaebeom figured it was y/n as he couldn't find her anywhere else in the apartment. he had left for a week to deal with business unexpectedly, y/n wasn't pleased that she couldn't reach him for a week. his assistant wouldn't even tell her a single thing. jaebeom know that she was mad at him. he knocked on the bathroom door, letting y/n know of his presence, before stepping in. the bathroom had warmed up from the steam that the water y/n used to bathe in. jaebeom envied the blissful look on his girlfriend's face, he barely had time to shower let alone relax in a bathtub.

"do you know how late it is?" jaebeom asked as he crouched down next to the tub, his hand creeping over the side, finger tips floating in the warm water.

y/n didn't answer him, which annoyed jaebeom. he knew that he deserved her silence. he left her and jake all alone for a week with the excuse of a 'business trip.' y/n knew where he went and why he went. she had yet to tell jaebeom that majority of her memories had come back to her.

"y/n.." he missed her so much.

hearing jaebeom call out her name so softly and sincerely made y/n's walls cave in. she looked at him with blazing eyes.

"how are you feeling?" jaebeom asked when her hand laced with his. y/n lifted herself so that she was no longer resting her back against the cool bathtub and was now centre mitres away from jaebeom's, noses almost touching from their close proximity.

the guilt in y/n spiked when she was the ring that adorned jaebeom's left hand. it was eating at her.

"we aren't really married, are we?" y/n ripped the plaster off so fast that it gave the man in front of her whiplash. his face was cold with sweat, for once jaebeom was scared and had no training about what do to in such situation. the fear of lying didn't leave him until y/n began smiling. "i'm sorry," she spoke softly, jaebeom lowered his head, in guilt, till it was resting against the edge of the bathtub, the urge to bang his head against was very very high. "for making you feel pressured to follow a made-up life i created in my head."

"why are you apologising?"

"it must have been hard, right?" y/n dismissed all of jaebeom's confusion, she ran her free hand over his hair whilst the other rubbed circles into his hand. "forcing all of this onto you, you don't deserve that, yet you did it anyway when you didn't have to."

"because i love you, y/n." the dark haired man felt hopeless as y/n held his hand and ran the other over his hair, smoothing out the stray long locks. "i wanted to look after you, don't apologise."

"i forced you to act like we were married."

"you didn't force me to do anything," he said assertively, "i caused this- this mess, i'm..." jaebeom raised his head and looked directly into y/n's eyes. "i'm a monster, who doesn't deserve you."

"people like me, we don't get our happy endings, so i took the opportunity to make my own, with you."

"no, no, no," a fire lit in y/n at the pure sadness and heartache she witnessed within jaebeom's eyes. he was an unreadable man to most, but to her, she knew him like the back of her hand. "you deserve to be happy. no one can say you don't."

"but i kill-"

"look at me," he did as he was told and gazed into her eyes, "lim jaebeom is the man i love, what anyone else says doesn't fucking matter, you matter to me. that should be reason enough for your happiness."

"but-"

"i. love. you." y/n wrapped her wet arms around her boyfriend, not that he minded in the slightly. she kissed his forehead softly, her lips lingering for a second longer before owing him a proper kiss, where all her love poured out.