sixteen

y/n rested her head in her palm, looking directly ahead of her at jaebum's side profile, studying each dip and crease her eyes could see.

"stop staring at me." jaebum said softly, one of his reaching over to hold y/n's hand.

"why? am i not allowed to?"

he gave her a short look, his eyes full of tease. "you're distracting me, i'm driving," jaebum said as he turned his head back to the road ahead of him.

y/n let out a sigh. there was a shift in their proxemics. the hesitant touches no longer existed and were replaced with confident lingers of warmth. a pout fell upon her lips when she recognised a few buildings near her workplace. she didn't want to leave jaebum's presence. y/n moved to slouch in her seat with defeat. in the corner of his eye, all her actions were viewed by jaebum, he found it amusing. in a short while, they arrived at their destination. being a gentleman, jaebum climbed out of his side of the luxury vehicle, which began to attract attention, and opened the door for his girlfriend. he held y/n's hand till she stopped walking, a far distance away from the entrance of the building. y/n encased her arms around jaebum, her head laying on his chest.

"i'll come pick you up when you finish," he said quietly, enjoying the feeling of being in her small arms. y/n lifted her head to look up at the older male, just as she was going to say something, jaebum held her face in his hands and kissed her softly. "go before i decide to steal you and then you'll get in trouble." his smile was too sweet for y/n to disobey him. slowly, she retracted away from him, suddenly missing his presence.

y/n walked away slowly, looking behind to see jaebum was lead against his car, watching her leave. she gave him a small wave before stepping into her workplace.

jaebum sighed as he watched her. "yah was she always this clingy or am i dreaming?" he said aloud without realising. still against his car, jaebum pulled his phone out, his lockscreen being a photo of him and jake, something y/n had insisted. he smiled at the photo before looking up at the sky. it wasn't a gloomy day as it normally would be, there was some sunshine. "thank you for bringing her back to me."

a/n
here's a belated birthday gift from me to you guys🥺