twenty

three months had passed in a short time. jaebum hadn't stepped into his company's building since, creating dismay and worry to settle in his employees, despite having his assistant run things for him. jacob was due to begin preschool, where he'd learn and make friends his own age, instead of fully grown business men that had blood on their hands. however, jaebum knew nothing about preschools or children, for that matter, he was too busy worrying about y/n than actually acting responsibly like an adult.

just like most days, jaebum was at the hospital but this time he brought jacob along, despite telling yugyeom he wouldn't, to save the child from emotional turmoil. the little boy craved to even just see his mum. when he did, the toddler couldn't help but cry.

"i want her back!" jake cried into the older man's chest, soaking the cotton shirt he wore, ditching the uncomfortable suits for more conservative clothing. thinking the tears wouldn't stop, jaebum began to sing a lullaby in a hushed tone whilst rubbing jake's back soothingly. it took a while for jake to stop crying but once he did, he fell asleep resting his head on jaebum's shoulder. he was thankful that one of them was getting sleep.

"that was beautiful." a voice said from the entrance of the room, by the door. the sitting man jolted up to his feet, still holding jacob in his arms. jaebum's eyes narrowed with hatred on the figure in front of him. "you should quit your day job and become a singer."

"is that it?" jaebum asked with an authoritative tone, he stepped to the side so that he was stood in front of y/n, blocking yoongi's view of her. "leave."

"she's in a coma, right?" yoongi ignored the icy glares he was receiving and stood nonchalantly. "i heard that you two dated back in the day, is that true?" the shorter man asked, he scoffed when jaebum didn't answer him, only sending daggers at yoongi with his piercing eyes. "what a love story!"

in the middle of yoongi's words, jake had began to stir in his sleep, nuzzling himself closer to jaebum. "daddy?" the toddler still had his eyes closed. being alarmed, jaebum hushed him softly and told him to go back to sleep, and the little boy did so.

"oh brilliant," the anger in yoongi began to rise, "you've been in his life, what, a few months and you're his dad?"

"get out."

"do you think y/n could love you?" yoongi asked with curiosity, his head titled to the side, resembling the image of a cat. "you're just like me, you kill to get matters to go your way, i was just a minor issue, what about when she actually dies because someone wants to rile you?"

"love is our enemy, yet you believe it can save you." yoongi spat with disgust. "watch, she'll leave you when she realises being with you was a mistake." those were the last words yoongi had said to jaebum before he left the hospital to leave the other man confused in his mind. jaebum agreed with everything yoongi had said, people like him don't deserve love.

in the midst of his thoughts taking over him, jaebum almost missed a soft, hoarse voice, calling out his name.

"jae..."