twenty six

it had been three days. blood and tears stained y/n's face. the black velvet dress, that she was wearing when she had been captured, was soaked in her own blood. her leg had an unbearable ache but everywhere else hurt. she was on the brink of consciousness, slipping in and out every so often due to the lack of food and sleep. y/n's faith in jaebeom was slowly deteriorating.

the door of the dingy room she was in opened. a blonde haired man walked in, holding a medical kit in his hand. hanbin was stood to the side along with bobby. "lock the room afterwards, jiwon," hanbin took a glance at y/n for a final time. there was more pride in his heart than pity.

due to her state, y/n couldn't tell if she was dreaming or not. the blonde haired man began cleaning her wounds, in particularly the one on her thigh.

"you okay?" jay asked in a calm voice.

y/n tried to focus her attention on the man sat in front of her for longer than few seconds but that was proving to be a difficult challenge. "please... just let, me go," her words stumbled out breathlessly, "m-my son.." as well as survival, jacob was y/n's hope. she silently prayed that jaebeom would save her so she could hold her son again.

"i know," the doctor began stitching the wound, causing immense pain to her, "let's just hope your boyfriend will get you before we have to send him your dead body." the harsh words were drilled into y/n's mind. it wasn't long till jay had finished cleaning up the large wound and treating every other cut on y/n's body. stood in the corner, bobby was stood off to the side, watching how y/n would react to each of jay's touches. he felt bad but there was nothing he could do.

the two men left without uttering another word to y/n. there wasn't one place on her body that wasn't in pain. and she wished that it could all stop.

an anonymous person texted the location of where hanbin was holding y/n. no one was able to find out who it was nor did anyone care. that person came a savior.

"i give you permission to kill anyone who gets your in the way," jaebeom said to the group of men stood before him, all ready to fight a war, "our only priority is bringing y/n back safely."

they were all dismissed as quick as possible. jaebeom only had one command to give to his men and that command would be met, even if it'd cost him his own life, jaebeom would do. nothing was going to stop him from getting y/n back.

when driving to the location, mark kept glancing over at jaebeom, which he noticed. "what?" he said, keeping his eyes forward.

"just making sure you're okay."

it wasn't long till they reached the location. it was an old, worn-out house, which obviously wasn't the gangs normal headquarters. swiftly, the two men exited the car with firearms in hand, before making their way to the broken metal frame. their steps were heavy under their shoes as they walked in. the bright lights made it easier for mark and jaebeom to see hanbin.

"you see him?" mark whispered into his headpiece to zuho, who was given the order to shoot hanbin if he did anything to y/n.

"yes sir."

mark glanced at jaebeom. the rage within jaebeom was obvious. anyone could feel it within a few miles radius. no one had spoke a word till hanbin made his way over to them, bobby trailing behind.

"you took your sweet time," hanbin had a devil grin on his face, "i was beginning to even wonder if you'd show up." his cockiness made jaebeom want to punch him on the spot and beat him senseless.

"where is she?" jaebeom's question came out more as a demand.

hanbin called out to one of his men, two came out gripping y/n by the arms as they dragged her.

"we gave her a dose of your best seller."

mark looked at hanbin as if the man had gone completely mad. "are you crazy? that drug will kill her!" in a fit of rage, mark pulled hanbin by the collar of his shirt, making them see each other eye to eye. "do you know what you've done? i will kill you with my bare hands if she dies!"

"give me the upper-east side," hanbin choked out with struggle, "and jay will help her."

mark shot jaebeom a look, as if telling him not to agree. although, mark knew what jaebeom was going to do. jaebeom agreed but asked for y/n first. hanbin was more than happy to comply. he let jaebeom run over to her, studying his every move.

"keep your eyes open, y/n," jaebeom whispered into her ear, as he held her frail body against him. "i'm so sorry, i promise i'll get you home."

"jae..." jaebeom shushed her hoarse voice, kissing the crown of her head.

"june is drawing his gun out," hwiyoung's warning was heard by both, mark and jaebeom. it wasn't long until gunshots were heard. mark trusted the men they had brought with them, especially the two hitmen that were peering from the outside. majority of the men from hanbin's side were shot, including bobby. a bullet had only grazed hanbin's arm but mark stormed his way over to him. he stepped on his wounded arm, applying pressure to give him more pain.

"did you really think you could win?" mark said as he aim the gun in his hand at hanbin's face.

hanbin somehow cocked a grin at mark, before nodding his head over to the side. "i already did." mark followed the direction to see jaebeom lead down with y/n towering over him. the last gunshot heard was mark's.

hurriedly, he rushed over to y/n's side, it was a surprise that she could even sit up.

"we have to go!" mark tried to pull her up but y/n pushed at him, with all her might.

"help him first!" despite not being able to feel her body, y/n was still aware of what occurred in the span of the few seconds. jaebeom had shielded her from any of the incoming bullets but ended up shot himself. there was a ringing in her ears.

"y/n, we have to leave," mark held her face to get her to look at him, "he's dead." y/n stared straight into mark's eyes. she could see the sadness in them, the tears threatening to escape. he was hurt too.

"okay."