t w e n t y f i v e

"why can't you drop me off?" mark whined to jaebum with a pout, like a small child would.

"because y/n is coming to my house," jaebum said as he kept an eye on the gate, waiting for y/n to come any minute.

"so?"

"so that means scram!" jaebum sent a glare at mark, not caring that he was older, but oh boy if looks could kill.

with a huff, mark sighed as a sign of defeat, "i thought i raised you better." he walked off quickly, hoping that jinyoung hadn't left yet.

impatiently, jaebum started to get annoyed with how long y/n was taking. everyone had finished school and he wondered what was holding her up. he even began to tap his foot against the floor out of frustration. just when he was about to call her, y/n quickly ran over to him.

"sorry, my science teacher wanted to talk to me," y/n said whilst trying to catch her breath.

"you're lucky that you're cute," jaebum smiled softly, "come on let's go."

finally, when they arrived at jaebum's house, y/n was left in awe at how nice it was. the first thing she noticed was the huge staircase that jaebum was already making a beeline towards.

"you're house is huge!" y/n exclaimed as she followed jaebum up the stairs.

the bigger it is, the more lonely i feel, jaebum thought to himself. a part of him did want to voice his insecurities out loud, in hopes of feeling better, but what good was it when he felt like he had no one?

"so uh this is my room," jaebum announced as he turned his room light on and put his bag down next to his desk. picking up random shirts off the floor, jaebum silently cursed himself for not tidying his room up earlier in the morning.

y/n glanced around the whole room. there was a huge window right next to the floor-length bookcase. "you like to read?" y/n asked as she looked at the bookcase that had every shelf filled with books, ranging from all different genres, laid out in nicely in alphabetical order.

after jaebum threw away his shirts into a drawer in his desk discreetly, hoping that y/n didn't notice (she did), and went to stand next to her on the other side of his room.

"uh yeah, it's kinda nerdy i guess."

"no it's not, my dad used to read a lot," y/n's eyes skimmed over the title of each book till one caught her eye, a book that was in french; considering the height of the bookshelf, she had to extend up and go onto her tiptoes to retrieve it.

as she did so, the short sleeve of her shirt slipped down her arm, showing a skim of a scar. with jaebum watching her so attentively, he stiffened up seeing it. he held her arm, stopping her actions, and pushed the sleeve further up her arm to see that the scar was from her shoulder. it wasn't very deep and it could be hidden quite easily.

y/n's breath hitched. "w-what are you doing?"

realising what he did, jaebum let go of y/n as if her skin burned him, he felt so embarrassed at the way he had lost his cool. "i'm so sorry, i-i-"

"it's okay jae, don't worry," the smile that y/n gave him calm him down but he blushed at the nickname. "i got it in an accident with my brother when i was younger."

jaebum nodded his head as if he understood but he was taking note of the fact that y/n had never mentioned her dad or brother to him before.

maybe she had secrets just like he did.

jaebum took a seat on his bed and y/n sat in front of him, still admiring his room. it was much nicer than she expected. there were a few pictures scattered around in a few different areas. the one y/n liked the most was the one of jaebum and the boys as kids at what looked like someone's birthday part. she thought he looked cute.

"how rich are you?" y/n asked.

jaebum looked at his girlfriend with confusion. "since when has my wealth mattered to you?"

"i just wanna know how much i'd be offered to stop being your girlfriend," y/n shrugged as she tried to make herself seem uninterested.

"you'd get nothing~" jaebum sang teasingly as he pulled y/n into his embrace. one thing jaebum took notice was that y/n would always get more affectionate with him when no one else was looking.

"geez i just wanted to know what the poor girls with rich boyfriends in the dramas felt like."