t h i r t y f i v e

at the airport, y/n was waiting to go through security however she didn't want to because then it meant she would actually have to leave, which was harder than she thought it was going to be. chittaphon has given her three gifts: a photo album that had every page filled, a ring (he had matching ones) and the last one was in a box that she hadn't opened. y/n didn't look into the photo album just yet because she knew that she would cry and that was the last thing she wanted to do.

"i think i need to go now guys," y/n said after she looked at the time on her phone.

johnny was quick to remind her about the black box she had in her hand. y/n opened it up to see one of the prettiest necklaces she had ever seen. the design was oddly familiar but she couldn't remember where she had see the dainty palm tree from. she was in complete awe over the piece of jewellery that she didn't notice her phone buzzing in her hand till chittaphon told her.

her mum was calling her. y/n thought it was probably to say another final goodbye since she wasn't actually able to come to the airport to see her off due to the hospital being understaffed.

"hey mum-"

"honey, jaebum was just admitted to the hospital." the urgency in her mum's voice made y/n panic slightly.

"w-why is he there?"

"he got hit by a car."

y/n took a deep breath. "why are you telling me this?"

"you're his emergency contact," the words her mum uttered caused y/n's heart to clench. acting on impulse, y/n asked johnny to drive her to the hospital.

chittaphon was the first person to hold onto y/n. "what do you think you're doing? you have to go!" he didn't know what had been said on the phone but he knew it must of been so important that she didn't give missing her flight a second guess.

"i need to go to the hospital." johnny was prepared to take y/n, figuring it must have been an emergency of some sort, but ten held her back yet again. "i need to see if jaebum is okay."

"jaebum?" ten said in confusion, his brows knitting.

"he got in an accident, a-and if i leave without seeing him, i-i could never be okay. i know what he did hurt me but i still have feelings for him and i need to see if he's okay."

the drive to the hospital took a little over two hours. y/n was lucky to get a flight that flew out the next day in the afternoon. thankfully her school was understanding when she told them that she had a family emergency that would delay her a bit.

once johnny had parked his car, y/n was the first one out, dashing into the hospital and up to the front desk. she asked where jaebum's room was. as soon as the words left from the nurse, y/n tried to get to jaebum's room as quickly as possible. she almost bumped into a few people on the way and had one person tell her to slow down.

however when she stood outside his room, it felt nerve wrecking to even go inside. she didn't know how bad the accident was. she didn't know how he even got into the accident in the first place. but the thought of jaebum being critically hurt scared y/n so much. even when the doctor told her that he was fine, she didn't feel at ease.

when she had calmed herself down, y/n walked into the hospital room. she never liked hospitals, the way they smelt scared her a little. y/n saw that jaebum was peacefully sleeping. his arm and knee were in a cast whilst part of his face had dressing on it. y/n recalled the doctor's words that if the drunk driver had drove any faster, jaebum wouldn't have been as lucky.

"what did you do to yourself, jaebum?" y/n said more to herself, as she studied all the scratches on jaebum's face and hands. she sat beside his bed. there was only one bed in this room so no other patients would be coming in, a request ms. l/n had asked for from the hospital staff.

y/n wanted nothing more than to punch the drunk idiot who had hit jaebum. from what she was told, jaebum was walking home at night and as he was crossing the road, on a red light, a car was speeding and unfortunately hit him. she didn't know if the police had arrested the man yet but that was the least of her worries.

y/n stayed at the hospital for a while, holding onto jaebum's hand, normally they were warm to the touch but they were cold. the boys had come over as soon as she called yugyeom, they all bought something for him to eat, thinking he was awake. they all left when a nurse came by to tell them that visiting hours were over. y/n was glad that she wasn't told to leave.

at some point, y/n had fallen asleep, her hand still holding jaebum's, and her resting on the bed. whilst she was asleep, jaebum slowly woke up. he couldn't tell if he was awake or still dreaming. he thought he was dreaming when he saw y/n. with his other hand, he brushed her hair away from her face as best as he possibly could. he saw that she had the necklace on, the one he asked ten to give to her.

"why do i always have to meet you in my dreams?"