Chapter 23 - Spy.

"The life of spies is to know, not be known."
-George Herbert

"She should wake up soon

"She should wake up soon."

"Then why isn't she?"

"Just be patient Lucas, please."

"Sorry, I'm just worried."

"I did the best I can to heal her, it's mostly fixed so she'll be awake in no time, just you wait."

"Lucas?" I ask in a slurred voice. My lips are dry, and my throat is sore. I open my eyes and see three blurry figures around me.

"Kaylee?" He replies. "Oh my gosh I'm so glad you're ok, I thought I lost you." He continues, his voice cracking at the end with emotion. He grabs my hand and holds it tight. I focus on his face and smile once my eyesight becomes clear again, his features pleasant to my eyes. I look over at the figures and see Emily and Sasha. I smile at them and then turn back to Lucas. I look him over and notice no injuries, I sigh with relief.

"I'm glad you're ok Kaylee", Sasha says, and I turn back to her. "But now that you're awake, can I ask you guys what happened? Lucas was too worried about you to talk to us about what happened."

"Yeah sure", I say and me and Lucas explain what happened. We also tell her about what the man said about the organisation for the bad supers. Sasha listens with a look of concern on her face.

"This isn't good", she says once we are finished. I slowly start to sit up and Lucas rushes to help me, putting his hand behind my back and helping me up.

"Do you feel alright? Does it hurt?" He asks.

"No, its fine, Emily did a good job at healing it", I say then turn to Emily. "Thanks."

"No problem", she replies and smiles at me. Just then a man rushes into the room, opening the door in such a hurry that it flings back and hits the wall, making me jump. He turns to Sasha and starts speaking.

"A knew recruit we took in has turned and tried fighting people", he starts. "We got her, she's locked up in one of the interrogation rooms, I think you should come."

We all look at each other and follow the man out the door, I walk at the back of the group, slower than the rest of them. Lucas turns to me and asks if I should be coming but I tell him I'm fine. He takes my hand and pulls me along to catch up to the others. Once we get to the room Sasha asks Lucas and I to come in with her.

As we walk into the room, I look at the girl sitting in the chair, her wrists in cuffs and an angry expression on her face. It's the girl that I sparred with but broke my ribs with her powers. I roll my eyes and stand alongside Sasha and Lucas. She looks along the line and scoffs when she meets my eyes.

"Are you a spy?" Is the first question that Sasha asks. I watch as the girl doesn't speak.

"She is." I tell Sasha. She looks at me, wondering how I knew before remembering I can read minds and looks back to the girl.

"What else?" Sasha asks me. I study the girl looking into her eyes for a moment before slowly walking over to her. She struggles in her chair and moves away as I raise my hand to her head. I place my hand on the top of her head and close my eyes, trying to concentrate. I find myself in a dark room, a figure walking towards me.

They stop a few meters away and start talking, "I have a mission for you." The voice booms through the empty room. "You will become a spy in the Super Secretive."

"How do I do that?" I hear myself ask.

"Act like you just got powers, they will take you in", the voice says. "Report to me when something happens and tell me any information you get."

Soon I'm back in the interrogation room. "Who is your leader?" I ask her, "the one who gave you your mission?"

"I'm not telling", she states, and I put my hand back on her head. I search her brain for any information on the mysterious man.

"More like you don't even know", I tell her. "You've never seen him without a disguise, you don't know who he actually is. We're not going to get any more information out of her." I tell Sasha.

Sasha decides to keep her in a locked room and we just about get out of the door when the girl speaks up. "We'll win." She says and looks each one of us in the eyes, "You're no match for us. We're too powerful, we'll take over the world just you wait."

"We've heard that before, it's like you've all gotten trained to say the exact same thing." Lucas says to her.

"YOU'LL NEVER DEFEAT US", she yells. "YOU CHOSE THE WRONG SIDE TO BE ON. YOU'LL ALL BE DEAD SOON! YOU MADE THE WRONG CHOICE! OUR WORLD IS THE BEST WORLD!"

I watch her as she screams, her face gets red and she wobbles the chair. She pulls with all her might against the cuffs and chains holding her on the chair. They're made from some kind of metal that stops powers, so she'll get nowhere. She shakes and the chair tips over, but she still screams and yells.

I watch in horror she bites and kicks the men who try to put her back upright. She starts smashing her head on the ground and I rush to use my telekinesis to stop her. She looks at me and smiles wickedly, blood covers her teeth and I watch as she laughs devilishly. I use my powers to put her back upright and sigh.

We finally get out of the room once the guards have control and start walking back down the hallway. Lucas takes my hand and makes me look at him. "Are you ok?" He asks, "You don't look so good."

"Yeah I'm fine", I tell him and smile. He squeezes my hand and we go to the cafeteria to get something to eat. I love food, but as I stare down at the spaghetti on my plate, I have no appetite. For some odd reason I have a feeling something is going to happen soon.