Chapter 39 - "Leader"

"Bad leaders care bout who is right. Good leaders care about what is right."
-Simon Sinek

I open the door to the classroom with a loud creak

I open the door to the classroom with a loud creak. I notice that the teacher is Mr Popwell, and I ignore his questions and march over to where Asher is sitting. Before I can grab him he jumps up from his seat, slowly walking away from me backwards. I glare furiously at him and his back bumps into the back wall of the classroom.

"Oh my gosh, it's Golden Ghost", I hear someone whisper on the other side of the room. I put on an comfident smile and pause a couple inches away from Asher. I lean on one leg and cross my arms.

"Awh, is ittle wittle Asher scawed", I say and purse my lips when I notice him gulp at my closeness. "Don't worry, I won't hurt you in front of everyone... I'm saving that for later", I tell him and pat his chest with a grin.

I hear the door open behind us and Lucas's voice calls out through the classroom. "Oh, you've found him." Lucas saunters over and stands beside me, looking at Asher and tutting with disapproval. "I thought maybe he was hiding, I mean who wouldn't when they're a criminal like you."

Asher looks around the class and starts thinking about what to do. He suddenly crouches on the ground, his hands over his head. "What do you want from me?" He asks, pretending to be the victim.

I use my telekinesis to drag him up to his feet and sigh. "Stop acting", I tell him. "You know very well what you did, if you don't come with us willingly we're going to have to use force. And I don't think you want that to happen."

"What do you think you're doing?!" I hear Mr Popwell yell over the sea of whispers. I pull the finger at him without turning around, my focus still on Asher. He starts yelling some more but I continue to ignore him.

"Well?" I ask Asher.

Asher doesn't drop his act and looks around the room scared. "What did I do?" He asks, "Please don't hurt me."

I roll my eyes and cross my arms. "If you ever had the dream of being an actor, throw it away", I say. "No one is getting fooled by you."

Lucas gets out the handcuffs usually used for supers and puts them on Asher. We still don't know what powers he has so we need to make sure he won't get away. "You're under arrest for kidnapping and assisting a murder", Lucas says in a steely voice. The everyone in the room goes quiet after a series audible gasps, and I push Asher towards the door.

"Thank you for your cooperation", I say Mr Popwell with a sarcastic smile as we go past. "It is much appreciated."

Lucas grabs Asher and pushes him through the door. Once we are in the hallway Asher starts wiggling around. He does his best to shake us off but I use my telekinesis to help stabilize him. "If I'm such a bad actor", Asher starts and licks his lips. "Then how was Heather tricked so easily."

I ignore him and continue walking without saying anything. "Maybe I should use her for other things in the future", he says. "She's head over heals for me now, I could do anything to her."