Chapter 41 - Ambush

"Accidents ambush the unsuspecting, often violently, just like love."

I nod my head with agreement and we make our way to the parking lot

I nod my head with agreement and we make our way to the parking lot. "Wanna head to The SS?" he asks and I hop into his car.

"Yup", I say and put my seatbelt on. I wait for him to turn the motor on, but he doesn't. I look over at him and his eyes lock with mine. "What?" I ask.

"I forgot something", he says.

"Back in the building?" I ask and open the door, "We can go get it if you want."

He pulls me back into my seat, pulling the door shut again. "No, I was meaning to do something, but haven't had the chance", he says.

"Oh?" I say, "What is it?"

"This", he says and before I know what is happening his lips are on mine. My eyes open wide in shock as I try to comprehend what is happening. He sits back into his chair and starts the car. My blinking eyes stare at him throughout the silent journey. He shoots me a sideways glance and smirks.

"What are you staring at?" He asks and I quickly look away.

"Nothing", I say and fiddle my thumbs. I look back at him and say, "Did that just happen?"

"Did what just happen?" He asks.

"Nevermind" I say with an awkward laugh. We stay silent until we get to The Super Secretive and the car stops.

"Yes it did", Lucas says and jumps out of the car before I can reply. I smile and my hand makes its way up to trace my lips. A blush forms on my cheeks and I fan my face, trying to cool down.

"Are you coming or what?" Lucas yells from the entrance to the building. I quickly hop out of the car and catch up, hoping my face isn't red.

As we get into Sasha's office she takes one look at me and says, "Are you sick? You can take a day off if you're not feeling well."

"What?" I say, confused. "I'm fine, why do you ask?"

"You just look a little red", she says. Lucas starts laughing and I hit his arm, going even redder while Sasha looks at us with puzzlement.

She sighs before talking to us about the plan. "Hopefully we can find a way to follow him to his hideout", she says. "Then we can arrest all of them at once, including the man himself."

I nod and think about it. "So basically stalk him?" I ask.

"Yeah", she says and smiles. "Don't worry, we're basically the police; we won't get arrested for it."

"True", I say and clap my hands together. "Right! So when is this stalking going to happen?"

^^^

I hurry out of school as the bell rings, anxious to get the plan started. About one hundred metres from school I find the van we used for our last mission parked on the side of the road. I slip into the back and shut the doors behind me.