Chapter 49-The start of something worse

Just as I was roaming around, I saw a group of high levelled beasts coming towards the village, my response to their actions was to deliver an instant death to them.

"Why were they running?" (Zach)

And behind the corpses of beasts was a humanoid figure, after taking a closer look, it was a demi-human walking, it noticed me and a claw suddenly popped out of its hands.

"No time to talk about this huh?" (Zach)

The demi-human was fast and strong, I felt it as I deflected its blows, but to me, it was as though I was fighting a fly.

"God, how much stamina does this guy have?" (Zach)

This guy wasn't stopping, moreover he's not even stopping.

"I thought I could gain some information from you, but, oh well, go to sleep" (Zach)

I shot it with a stun bullet|Lvl 5| since this guy was resilient.

After he fell asleep, I went ahead to bring him to the union.

"Meran" (Zach)

"Ahhh!!, not again!!" (Meran)

Meran jolted upward and fell down in a bad way.

"Ouch, that hurts, couldn't you just come here normally?" (Meran)

"Sorry, but it has become a habit" (Zach)

"So, what have you come for?" (Meran)

"This" (Zach)

I released the stunned demi-human and the something that Meran had started alarming.

"W-What is this?!, the alarm rang just because of this guy?!" (Meran)

"What?" (Zach)

"The alarm was meant if a devourer was near the person wearing it, and this man just activated it?!" (Meran)

"Does it work on dead devourers?" (Zach)

"No, it doesn't, only on alive ones" (Meran)

The demi-human woke up and I restrained it using an upgraded portable immobiliser.

"Graah!" (Demi-human)

"Is it a devourer?" (Zach)

"Technically yes, so they have evolved now.." (Meran)

"What kind of damage can this one do?" (Meran)

"Hmm, he acts like a human, but uses claws as a weapon to attack, it can retract apparently" (Zach)

"Thanks for the information, can I use this as a test subject for the new weapon?" (Meran)

"Sure, go ahead, fire anytime, also, the walls are being protected so you're good to fire anywhere" (Zach)

The walls are being covered by nano machines, though it only happened in a second.

"Hmm, let's start with the weakest gun we have" (Meran)

Meran took a pistol in her hands and fired, the bullet didn't even penetrate his skin, but I did see him get a bruise.

"Next, the normal guns" (Meran)

Meran fired them all, the devourer didn't get badly hurt but he was slowly getting scratched, it must be like getting shot by an airsoft sniper at point blank range, with no armor.

"Now, our latest, gun" (Meran)

When Meran shot him, the bullet pierced his shoulders, but it wasn't enough to pierce all the way.