Ch 17- Lies

Damon's POV

"Boss, I took care of it" I reported to my boss, the Spades Mafia leader. I had no choice, my family's necks are in the line here but I can't also kill Axel, I like him already... god, I just said that.

"Good. If this fails again, I'll kill your little sister, for real now" My heart was nowhere calm, I shouldn't be risking my family here, what I did- showing up infront of Axel- is already a big mistake infront of that, I also called the doctor in time to save him.

I shouldn't choose but I know, in the end I have too.

"Yes boss" I reply, with a wry smile I walked away.

I fished out my phone out of my pocket, I tapped in Axel's phone number. I memorized it because I had to get rid of my old phone.

"Hey, it's me Damon. Can you lay low a bit? Be quiet like the dead? Just this favor Axel, please.
I'll explain everything when it clears up but, please do tell Ms. Caroline to be careful of the Spades, they're coming for you guys." and so I sent the text I waited for a reply, but then I remembered he might not be okay yet. I was about to close my phone when it chimed.

My lips curved into a smile, he's fine now.

"Hey, new number? What happened to the last one? Anyway, thank you for the warning but please be safe Cadmus. I'm worried sick. And I'll be as quiet as the dead if you want me too. Take care, Damon"

I replied hurriedly, not wanting to waste a second.

"One more favor, please look for my family. Please ask if the Zephyr, Zechariah and Unos can help? I know you're connected to all of them, they're the top 2,3 and 4 mafias of all the world. The Spades is planning on joining the number one Vampire mafia. My family and your family is at stake here. Please."

I put my phone back into my pocket and walked outside. A hand tapped on my shoulder, I looked back.

"How long were you here?" I asked.

"hmm. 20 minutes? Been waiting for you"

"But you didn't have too, Phun" I didn't look him in the eyes, I couldn't. Because not one bit of me loved him.

"Babe, let me do these things for you" He moved closer and closer, I shouldn't, I shouldn't move back. But fighting with my body is hard, it moved back.

He kissed me, with love. And I felt guilty, so guilty. About everything that is happening right now.