Ch 25- Down

Vampire prison is much more shitty than human prison. Of course, vampires need alot more to be kept in behind bars. I asked Caroline for help a few days back, I've let my wounds heal and I'm on my way to healing mentally. I've been going to our family psychiatrist and have been getting treatment for days.

We've been planning and luckily, I haven't had a relapse of the trauma. I walked in as the prison guards opened the gate, they had this stench of rotting vampires, probably for taking care of those prisoners who were not allowed to eat or do anything.

Rage was almost held in maximum facility but due to his "abuser's" power, he was treated well, even inside.

I walked down the hallways with Caroline beside me, I hear her heels colliding with the metal flooring as we went up to the second floor. It was the sound of a powerful woman on her way up to beat the shit out of someone. But of course, we weren't here to beat someone up. We're here to meet Rage.

The guard in charge of Rage's cell opened the locked metal gate for us. His cell looked more like an apartment rather than jail. I sat on the soft sofa facing his bed, unmade. Caroline took glances at the cell, and smiled at Rage, "Your abuser's really taking care of you right now"

I looked at Rage as Caroline was saying those words, he had a look that would scare the shit out of a human. "Don't call him my abuser! He's my savior!" Rage was so angry he almost ran towards caroline to, I don't know, maybe strangle her. Caroline didn't move an inch, I admired her for that bravery. She raised an eyebrow at Rage and sat beside me.

"Will you still call him your savior after you hear the story I have to tell?"

"Huh? What do you mean?" Rage scrunched up his face and looked so puzzled.

"Sit down" I tell him sternly.

"What we're about to tell you is something you have to prepare for. You can use your potential to see if we're lying or not." Caroline explains and Rage's face softens, as if he already knew it was more than just "Bad news"

"You lost your memories right? From when you were young until you were 19, right?"

Rage nods, confused of where this talk is going. "A bit of correction though, all I remember is the relationship I had with Cadmus, who's now the lover of your husband's child" he looks at me when he says the last few words.

Caroline nodded and continued telling the story.

"By the age of 2, Nox found you in an orphanage. You were so pretty back then that he felt like you'll fulfill his desires. He took you home, adopted you, groomed you, made you what you are. He did everything for 8 years to tame you. To make you lean on him, to make you be so loyal to him"

Rage couldn't believe a single word Caroline had said, but he remained silent and let her continue.

"Rage, all those years, he abused you! He abused you so much you got so sick that it could've killed you instantly!"